Peg Pliko

longstocking

I was thinking about getting the Peg Pliko P3 stroller but noticed something odd to me about the 5-point harness. Why isn't is attached to the back of the stroller? In all the online pictures it looks attached but the few times I've seen it in person, it's not? I'm trying to figure out the point of the 'freedom of movement harness' it seems just like a three-point to me because baby could still fall forward. Also, I had my friend go to BRU for me to try her baby out in it and she said it was a pain because she had to fish the straps out from under baby, pull them up over her back. Anyone explain why Peg is the only manufacture to offer this system? It seems like a dumb design. :confused:

ADS

momme2_3

I personally love the 5 pt harness on the peg., It is used like that so your baby can still move around and not be glued to the seat and still be secured in. I am guessing it is better for the older kids :) You can unhook them and use the p3 as a 3 pt. if you wanted too.

When it comes to your friends problem....There is a fabric tab on the back of the seat that the harness hooks onto for when you are putting your baby in and out so you don't have to fish for it. :)

lovinwaves

It is a different kind of 5-point harness than you are use to seeing on strollers. The "fishing out" I can totally understand, but really it's not a biggie. you just hook it on this nice loop on the back of the stroller to hold it in place while you are fastening the child in.

The harness is unique and is called a "Free floating harness". This allows the child to move about freely and not feel confined. It is a totally safe design, and your child will not fall out of the stroller or anything like that.

There was a thread recently where we discussed this a bit..Oh here it is!

hehe, it was your thread :D http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=33540&highlight=floating

Z

zipadee30

Im not so keen on it. I actually dont like the "free floating" harness, I would prefer it to be stationary and have more room to buckle around dd's legs. She is 36inches and 36lbs and I havent been able to buckle it properly since she was around 30lbs. It is basically a sewn loop which the harness attaches to. It tends to slip off and I have gone to just buckling the straps around her waist, it doesnt allow for growth around the waist-just in the shoulders. I would rather spend 300.00 on something else like the FP one that is similar to Pliko but for 1/2 the price

tinytoy

Im not so keen on it. I actually dont like the "free floating" harness, I would prefer it to be stationary and have more room to buckle around dd's legs. She is 36inches and 36lbs and I havent been able to buckle it properly since she was around 30lbs. It is basically a sewn loop which the harness attaches to. It tends to slip off and I have gone to just buckling the straps around her waist, it doesnt allow for growth around the waist-just in the shoulders. I would rather spend 300.00 on something else like the FP one that is similar to Pliko but for 1/2 the price

My understanding of the sewn loop is that it's there for ease of use, to hold it in place while fastening. We're not supposed to leave it tucked into the loop.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC