Nautilus: Bravo and Matrix, booster use, misc. pics

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
Sorry if this has already been posted; if it has, I missed it, but I wasn't looking too closely.

Here's a pic of a Bravo and Matrix Nautilus side-by-side in a Kia Sedona:

IMG_1793.jpg

Basically the difference is gray and black (Bravo) or silver and black (Matrix).

Here's my PETITE 11yo using it as a booster - I'd say he's got less than year before outgrowing it, but he said it was comfy (keep in mind he doesn't seem to care about leg support and usually rides in a backless TB):
IMG_1785.jpg

Hard to see, but he's got 2-3 inches of overhang for leg support. His feet still reach the floor in this particular seating position, though, which may have contributed to him saying it was comfy anyway:
IMG_1787.jpg

Makes a good booster, even for kids still small enough to use it with the harness:
IMG_1791.jpg

Sleepy baby! (2 years old, recently started pushing 33lb limit in the Marathon; mom says she slept with her chin on her chest even when RF in the MA):
IMG_1798-1.jpg

Sorry for the blanket; I didn't want to wake her to get a picture, but this seat fits her great. :thumbsup:

ADS

ZephyrBlue

I've got both Bravo and Matrix, padding is the same. The grey of the Matrix is darker, that's the only difference I can find.

Thanks for the pics, Debbie :)

Kat_Momof3

I would love to see the same 11yr old using it backless.

don't know if you noticed, but when the back is off, that booster is SERIOUSLY deep... it is 14" deep with the back off.

the back makes it lose a good amount of depth... not bad, but definitely makes you think that you may (for leggier kids or kids in cars where they will be using the backless after the highback (when the vehicle seat/seatbelt is taller)) prefer it for depth once it goes backless and choose to sacrifice that extra safety after awhile in favor of the comfort for kids who don't sleep in the car and who sit up straight the whole time (kids over 7)

Thoughts?? Pics??

I know... I'm lazy... I should just take mine apart and try it as backless, but I have two boys who would insist on keeping it as a booster or backless booster for one who is too big to use a booster and another who already has a booster in each car, whereas their sister needs this seat as a harnessed one and then as a booster when she outgrows the harnesses.

So you see, I'm fighting the boys for my girl's seat!

Defrost

That's a really good point, Kat - I bet it would have a lot more leg support. One of the reasons it works so well in the third row of my Mazda 5 is because it's so thick! :thumbsup:

I am very curious to see it used backless, too, though. I'll see if we can try it next Tuesday!

Kat_Momof3

it is thinner at the back, which helps for grow room... wondering now if that may end up a problem for you, since you sad the thickness helps.

Defrost

No, I don't think it would work without the back - it's hard to describe the problem if you haven't seen it, but basically I wind up with my kids having 3-4 inches of space between the front of their bodies and the shoulder belt. So the thick back of the GN takes up most of that space.

It doesn't really matter to me, though, as I don't need the GN since I've got 86Y harnesses back there to fix the problem. I'm just always curious about other options. :)

Y

Yash

Thanks so much for layout the differences b/w bravo and matrix

christineka

COuld the kids buckle themselves? Mine couldn't, but maybe it is due to the 3 across. They have thinner, lower profile boosters and can normally buckle fine, though.

NannyMom

COuld the kids buckle themselves? Mine couldn't, but maybe it is due to the 3 across. They have thinner, lower profile boosters and can normally buckle fine, though.

J can buckle himself in booster mode. But he has the stiff buckle stalk of the 3rd row passenger side Sienna.

jess71903

Ambassador
I think it's kinda funny that you guys call out old threads...I used to frequent another board and when people would start a new thread remotely related to one that had EVER been posted, their question got merged into the old thread and they were told to search before they posted. I hated that.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC