Which One? Mini or Buggster

Which One?

• Total voters

chloespurple

Senior Community Member
Okay, I thought I was decided on the Baby Jogger Mini, but now I am debating getting a Valco Buggster instead.

Help me decide : )

Baby Jogger Mini
citymi321.jpg

Valco Buggster
5F8C36AB160342F6AD3DFDA11F4239851.jpg

Thanks,
Michelle:p

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Boy...I sure love my Mini... But I'd love a Buggster (well, I'd *really* love a Rad...)... but the price difference is pretty big, huh? :eek:
I wish the mini had more metal or plastic around the footplate, I hope the fabric holds up with heavy use. I also wish it stood alone when folded (does the buggster?). Obviously the answer is you need both.. :D

Just kidding, lol. I just don't know! Maybe *I* need both to test them out for everyone?

arlenep

I, too, am looking for a lightweight travel stroller. I own a Valco Rad and like Valco's quality. But I haven't seen a Buggster in person so I'm reluctant to spend the money sight unseen. I found a review of each that may help you decide. I also found a thread comparing the 2 strollers. Please post a review of whichever stroller you buy. Thanks!

Buggster review
http://www.mommieswithstyle.com/mtblog/2007/02/could_this_be_the_one_loving_a.html

City Mini review
http://www.letsgostrolling.com/strolling-along/2007/11/

Comparison
http://www.mommieswithstyle.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=7878&sid=4755d73f031f01941e716f1feedcdc2c

Excerpt from the comparison...

Buggster is on the right - Mini on the left...
There may be more, but this is all I can think of...
one single handle bar (higher) vs. two handlebars (lower)
Full recline vs. partial recline
smaller basket vs. bigger more accessible basket
Fuller canopy vs. fine canopy with full UV shade included
Bumper bar accessory vs bumper bar included
Rain cover accessory vs rain cover included
More tippy vs. not at all tippy
Can't take a board vs. Takes a ride on board

chloespurple

Senior Community Member
I wanted the Valco Rad but really didnt want to spend more than $200 right now. My mini comes today!!!:D

Yeaaaaa! I am glad it is coming today! Please let me know how you like it, I am still trying to decide:rolleyes:.
Yes the Rad is awesome looking! But a wee bit more than the buggster, which w/ the 10% discount comes out to be 292.50, so that doesn't sound as expensive, lol:p.

arlenep

Hope you are enjoying your Mini! I'm anxious to read more reviews about the mini. There aren't that many out there since it's new. I found the Buggster for $279.99 at http://store.babycenter.com using coupon code "OFFER68892". This makes the strollers comparable in price since the City Mini raincover and belly bar cost $35 each while the Buggster has those items included. (If you were planning to buy extras, that is. :))

kanga

My mini came today instead of yesterday. This baby ROCKS! The fold is so easy to do even with a 25 lb baby in one arm. I can fold and lift it into my van with one hand. It turns on a dime and the sun shade..is huge! My ds would only tolerate the joovy caboose for 20 minutes tops. He sat at gymnastics practice for 1.5 hours without a peep. He seemed really comfortable in it. I can't get over how lightweight it is. We are going to to the zoo tomorrow so i will get some action pics definitely. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

chloespurple

Senior Community Member
:)
My mini came today instead of yesterday. This baby ROCKS! The fold is so easy to do even with a 25 lb baby in one arm. I can fold and lift it into my van with one hand. It turns on a dime and the sun shade..is huge! My ds would only tolerate the joovy caboose for 20 minutes tops. He sat at gymnastics practice for 1.5 hours without a peep. He seemed really comfortable in it. I can't get over how lightweight it is. We are going to to the zoo tomorrow so i will get some action pics definitely. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I am so glad you like it!!! Thanks again for ordering through me! Can't wait to see your pictures:).

You know you are making my decision even harder, lol.

Michelle:p

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC