Regent Install Question

U

Unregistered

I went searching for Honda Odyssey and Regent as I was thinking of purchasing a Regent.

I found this on amazon.com
If you don't have a newer vehicle with the LATCH restraints, and your child is under 40 pounds, you are going to have a difficult time installing this seat. The problem we have in our Honda Odyssey is that the Odyssey does not have latch in the 3rd row. The required installation for children under 40 pounds, using the vehicles seat belts, requires extremely long seat belt lengths -- longer than we have.

What seat belt lengths does the Regent require and how do I check this in the vehicle? We are under 40 pounds and have a 2001 Odyssey. I'm guessing it probably has latch based on things I read here (hubby is going to check in the manual) in the captain's chairs? Does the latch go indefinitely or am I going to run into problems with seat belt length at some point?

Rachelle

ADS

seamonkeys

Can't completing answer, but try searching for "Regent Odyssey" in the Installation & Technical questions forum.

I also have a 2001 Ody and so far have only had my Husky installed with Latch in a captains chair, and in the 3rd row outboard with the long-belt path, but no recline bar - but you HAVE to use recline bar with the new Regents, that's why I'm holding off getting a new one yet!

Even with the recline bar, you should be able to use the long belt path with just the seat belt. Though we have heard many times that the seat belt is too short, once it is brought to us, we have always been able to install it using the long belt path.

If you have problems installing the seat, try taking it to a CPST that has experience with the Regent. There are tricks to getting a Regent installed correctly, even if you think the seat belt is too short (which may not actually be the case).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC