Another swing question!

Holly

Ok, so I talked to my friend that I'm buying a swing for.
She wants a sing over a bouncer. She decided she wants a swing that plugs in, and there are only 3 that I am aware of, all my fisher price.
They are full size swings, but she wants the plug in feature, so she is making room for a full size swing.
We both really like the rainforest cradle swing! We like the plug in feature (because I went through batteries each week with the swing we used, another cradle swing) and we like cradle swing because it has more motions and options than a regular swing.

Any good or bad things about this swing?
I've read some reviews on them that say they did not swing when there was a baby in it, or they stopped swinging when the baby was like 3 or 4 months old.
There are other 5 star reviews saying it's great and the plug in feature is awesome.

Whats your opinion?

ADS

MOM25BOYS

I have the full size Rainforest swing and LOVE IT!:love: I bought it a little over a year ago when they first came out and I have had no problems. I have read some reviews though where they stated the motor when out fast. I almost wonder if that is maybe from someone leaving their child continuously in the swing.:( I keep a newborn with me at home that is only about 7lbs and she fits in it great with no trouble. I also have the Aqaurium version and love it too just don't like the fact of buying batteries all the time. As far as not being able to use the Rainforest after about 3 or 4 months of age I can't see why not unless you use the battery option~which I noticed didn't work as well in the Aquarium as they got heavier~ and not the plug in adaptor. My DS#4 who is 17 months loves to climb in it and swing. It pulls him fine and he weighs about 25lbs!:D Hope this is helpful and I sure you friend will love this swing if you have the space for it!:)

Mom2Jack

I have the FP glider/rocker - my 6 month old loves it.

The only issue we have had is that it barely glides at all now. He is not even 16 lbs & the weight limit is 25, but in glide mode it seems like the weight limit is less.

In swing mode, it will not swing if he sits forward. But, if he is sitting forward (upright) then he is usually focused on something else & is ready to get out of the swing anyway.

The one caution is that, even on glide, when he was very small the lowest speed was very fast & his head would flop around. Even with the infant head support, we had to add additional support for the first couple of months.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC