Where did the sticky link go about safety of 5 pt harness?

jwren

It used to be at the top of this forum and now it's gone? :confused:

Did that get deleted when the site went down last week? Anyway if and when you put it back I found the Good Morning America news special about it too, if you want the link...it's here...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pDnBO76RFM

PS: now that this post was moved I thought I should clarify it used to be on the top of the car seat forum...

ADS

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
Iam not sure. I just did a search using the google bar on the bottom of the page for "5 point harness" and it came up. It says it is in carseats, but I do not see it.

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
I unsticked it along with a number of other sticky threads when the change was made last week to how sticky threads were displayed. It was obvious that most people weren't reading the sticky threads, anyway. So, to prevent an overload of sticky threads, some were unsticked, others were merged and others were removed.

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=35249

Sorry, Heather, I should have mentioned it to the moderators to avoid confusion.

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
It was stickied well over a year ago, when those two topics were generating a lot of interest and accounted for a large number of new threads. That hasn't been the case for many months. For example, the CR thread hasn't been active in a year and the Youtube thread had been declining in interest until it was locked 6 months ago. So, that sticky probably should have been unstickied long ago, but I just didn't get around to it until the changes made last week.

Not every topic can be stickied or deserves to be stickied. Too many announcements result in an overload of sticky threads at the top and makes it even less likely they will be read. Instead, it will be like any other topic. Some people who found it useful will bookmark it, in order to link it when it is specifically useful to answer a new question on the topic. Otherwise, it will turn up in a relevant keyword search, just like any other topic.

It would be a good candidate for the new FAQ topic, though.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC