Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Need stroller help!

This is a semi-cross-post with the Strollerswap yahoo group but I really didn't get much response there so I thought I would try this smaller group.

I have a tall, medium-weight 11.5 month-old. I love taking long fast walks primarily on pavement and packed dirt but also want something that can maneuver indoors (like in a store). I want something that can fold up so it can go in the back of my Sienna and also on an airplane if needed. We spend lots of time in Hawaii and live in CA so a decent sunshade is important. I love love love the way the mbus pushes but am put off by the width of it, the short seats, and the weenie sunshade. Someone suggested a Whizz, which looks super cool, but someone else posted a pic of their kid in one with his legs hanging down around the wheels and I thought that that might be my Elijah in a year or two. I also like the Baby Jogger City Elite, but am not sure how small it folds or whether or not it has that lovely push like the MBUS. I saw a BOB with a swiveling front wheel and bigger back wheels in a store but the whole thing was just huge. I am completely at a loss. Right now I have a Bumbleride Flyer which I think is cool but is so big and it likes to be on pavement or inside, traveling at a stately pace. I was hoping that I could use the Flyer for walks/outdoor adventures but it is just too civilized. I also have an old Chicco 2002 and one of those plaid English vogues, but they suck for this purpose even worse.

I would love to keep it under $400 but am willing to splurge for the right one (this is my last baby so I'm getting it all out of my system).

So there you go. Anyone have any brilliant ideas?
    Thanks so much,
    Jessie

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Re: Need stroller help!

I was thinking BJ city elite/classic. The fold is a book fold (just goes in half).

Nathan - FF-ing in a Frontier
    Logan - RF-ing in a Boulevard
    Megan - RF-ing in a Boulevard

Re: Need stroller help!

The Baby Jogger City Series Classic, or Elite will do the job you are describing. The only problem is it won't do well on an airplane. I would get a Baby Jogger, then get a Quinny Zapp for the airplane
    Melissa
    Peyton 10
    Camden 9
    And a new baby on the way