Which seat should I travel with for baby?

lovemyfamily

We are flying in May, baby will be about 2 months old, and at home will be riding in a Peg Perego Primo Viaggio SIP. I do have a MA that I could take for baby, it is brand new and will be his/her seat once he/she outgrows the infant seat, would install it RF on the plane of course. Just wondering if I should take the Peg or the MA for our trip? We will also have our 6yo and 4yo with us, the 6yo will be sitting in a regular airplane seat, but the 4yo will be riding in his MA. I am thinking carrying 2 MA through the airport will be easier than the MA and Peg, but wanted to get some other opinions. Dh will be traveling with me.

ADS

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
I think it would be better to have the bay in a infant carrier at 2 months old. YOu could get a luggage cart or Gogo Kidz wheels to put the MA on for your 4 yo and if you have a stoller that the infant seat can attach to that would help. Will your 6 yo have a seat waiting on the other end or are you packing a booster?

Namegirl

Senior Community Member
Are you bringing a stroller that works with the Peg seat?

Personally, I'd prefer the Peg infant seat over the Marathon for travel.

lovemyfamily

DS#2 will be using a Parkway when we arrive in CA. We are going to be checking it in the Britax box it was shipped in, probably gate checking it. We did that last time, and it worked well. I just took the box through security flat, and then the booster seperate, and when we got to the gate, I borrowed scissors from the gate agent and cut the tape I had brought with us, to box it up.
I am debating about what stroller to bring. I had purchased a Maclaren Techno for a travel stroller, but am rethinking that decision. I am thinking a more full featured stroller would be better. Not to mention the boys could use the toddler step, and I wouldn't have to worry about hanging bags on the handles of the Maclaren and it tipping over. I do have a Peg P3 that I could bring too, I just hate the thought of bringing it. We travel on my DH's benefits, he is an airline pilot, so the airline is not responsible for loss or damage to any of our items, as they are typically with full fare passengers. DH also will not be thrilled about having to take the stroller through security. So, if I was going to be taking the Peg P3, I was thinking I would check it with luggage in its original box. Typically we get an airport cart to put the carseats etc. on, so we could def. put the infant seat on that.
I think we will probably just go with the infant seat then.

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
I would probably use the infant seat then and the stroller you want. My Uncle retired from United about 4 years ago. He was a pilot. I know it can be a little more difficult when traveling on passes.

jessclear

I just wanted to tell everyone who might be interested that my Graco Snap n Go works perfectly with the DC. I just put the DC base right into the opening on the Snap n Go and put a bungee tie-down through the ff belt pass and around the stroller to secure it (fits snuggly without the tie-down, but I wouldn't let a baby ride in it that way). I let my dd ride in the DC through the airport. I already had it and it saved us money rather than the gogo travel mate. And, once you are at your destination, the snap n go will be good for the infant seat as well (if the peg fits in it?). Just a suggestion that works wonderfully for us.

lovemyfamily

I just wanted to tell everyone who might be interested that my Graco Snap n Go works perfectly with the DC. I just put the DC base right into the opening on the Snap n Go and put a bungee tie-down through the ff belt pass and around the stroller to secure it (fits snuggly without the tie-down, but I wouldn't let a baby ride in it that way). I let my dd ride in the DC through the airport. I already had it and it saved us money rather than the gogo travel mate. And, once you are at your destination, the snap n go will be good for the infant seat as well (if the peg fits in it?). Just a suggestion that works wonderfully for us.

I don't have a snap n go, but had thought about it for the airport. I def. wouldn't want it to be the stroller that I plan to use for a week at Disneyland though. I am not one to leave the baby in the carseat other than when in a car/airplane etc. So the infant seat will be staying at the hotel and baby will just be in the stroller.

lovemyfamily

I would probably use the infant seat then and the stroller you want. My Uncle retired from United about 4 years ago. He was a pilot. I know it can be a little more difficult when traveling on passes.

We typically travel when the loads are light etc. It is just always a crap shoot when you check luggage and items. You never know if they will make it or not. AND if we fly on US Airways, who DH works for, we have to make a stop AND change planes in Phoenix. I don't mind it so much, lets the kids get out and run for a bit, but that is just another time that our luggage can be lost. One time when we went to Disneyland, my son's carseat ended up in Kansas City. They did offer a loaner for me, but would not have it delivered to our hotel, about 40 minutes from the airport, because we were traveling on DH's benefits!! The loaner scared me to death, but I had no choice. Thankfully DH was meeting us the next day, so he was able to get the carseat and just bring it with us, so we had it for our trip back to the airport.

Cedarmom

Having done both (flown with 2 MAs or an MA/infant seat) there is no question in my mind. If the baby fits the infant carrier (and it obviously will at 2 months), take the Peg. Sooooo much easier in moving through an airport.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC