When was the MA introduced?

castanuela

What year was the Marathon introduced? I see now that the covers have the name of the seat in the top, I have a cowmooflage for a roundabout, it just reads Britax:confused:

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I believe they were introduced in 2002. I can't get onto the pictorial, which would give a definitive answer, but 2002 is my guess.

TerisBoys

Yup, around August/Sept. 2002. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Peggy and I worked a check for Phil in early Sept and I think she got hers then. I remember because I worked it from a rocking chair since I was 35 weeks pg with Ryan and on semi-bedrest for pre-term labor.

Then 3 weeks after he was born (10/5) we met up again to see how a 7# newbie fit in it.

twokidstwodogs

Around here, they were available in stores in September 2002. I remember this vividly, because DD#1 outgrew her Snugride in August 2002, and I decided I couldn't safely wait for the Marathon. I purchased Roundabouts instead. In retrospect, I'm glad I did because I love my RAs, but I ended up having to buy Marathons anyway when she outgrew the RAs.

Jewels

Senior Community Member
I believe they were introduced in 2002. I can't get onto the pictorial, which would give a definitive answer, but 2002 is my guess.

Jools had this problem earlier today as well.

The pictorial directory says 2002-current. It doesn't give a month but i'm sure the other ladies who have posted are pretty accurate.

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
My old MA has a DOM of 8/2002 - it was one of the first to arrive on store shelves. It still has its original BRU Colonial Blue cover. I can't believe the first MA and the first Turbos are going to start expiring this year!

Kecia

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC