Vehicles with LATCH in the rear center seat

U

Unregistered

I saw a thread on this topic about a year ago, and haven't been able to find it since. If someone knows where I could find this information and post a link to it I'd really appreciate it. It was a list of all the vehicles that had LATCH in the rear center seat.
Also, I was wondering if there are any vehicles that have two rows with LATCH in the middle (or two rows that safely accomodate carseats in the middle - doesn't even have to be LATCH). I have one child now and we're think about having another, but I don't like the idea of having to put either child in an outboard seat.
Thanks!!!
Shannon

ADS

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
I can't really help you with all the vehicles that have LATCH in the middle. I know GM has a lot of vehicles with LATCH in the middle. Just depends on what your looking at.

As for vehicles that have LATCH or can accomedate a car seat in the 3rd row. Well all minivan's I know of will allow you to put a carseat in the 3rd row center. I think the Sienna & Odyssey have LATCH in the 3rd row center. I don't have my LATCH manual handy right now to tell you for sure. I have a Tahoe with the 3rd row. The Tahoe/Subrbans with 2nd row bench seats have center LATCH & can accomedate a carseat in the 3rd row (doesn't have LATCH but does have a tether hook for either the center or passenger outboard on the 3rd row.

I think the only SUV that won't allow you place carseats on the 3rd row is the Volvo XC90 (I think that is the right model for their SUV).

It really depends on your needs and what type of vehicle you want. If you can give us a list of some that you are looking at I will be glad to tell you where there is LATCH/tether hooks.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Also, Britax allows their carseats to be installed rear-center with LATCH that are made for the outboard positions, if & only if the vehicle manual does not totally disallow it ... the LATCH hooks cannot be more than 20" apart according to the Britax customer service rep I spoke to last weekend. My daughter's Britax Boulevard seat is now installed rear-center with LATCH in my '05 Ford Escape Hybrid that only has LATCH for the outboard positions ... the decision to do so based on reading the vehicle manual & calling Britax ;)

U

Unregistered

Thanks for the info.
I have no idea what I want to get next. I'm still just trying to decide. We don't have a whole lot of money to spend on a new one or anything, so it would have to be used.
Thanks again.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC