Need a new "main" stroller...

Mom2Livi

Right now I'm using the Graco Metrolite as my bigger stroller, and I'm using a Chicco C6 for quick trips. I HATE the Graco, and I'd like a stroller with better features, and one that is easier to use. I'm thinking about selling my Graco and using the money to put towards a new stroller. I can really only justify owning 2, LOL! :p

I'd be using the stroller for long outtings, shopping trips, walks outside... I'd want something that I could use anywhere, I guess.

I really like the look the of Baby Jogger Mini stroller, does anyone have one of these? Is that good for everyday outings as well as outdoor stuff?

Any other suggestions?

TIA! :D

ADS

chloespurple

Senior Community Member
I'd be using the stroller for long outtings, shopping trips, walks outside... I'd want something that I could use anywhere, I guess.

I really like the look the of Baby Jogger Mini stroller, does anyone have one of these? Is that good for everyday outings as well as outdoor stuff?

Hi,
The new Mini is more of an around town errand stroller. The front wheel has suspension which does provide a smoother ride, but the wheels are only 8". So, if you wanted to do any off road type walking it would not be the best stroller for the job.
You should also look at the Baby Jogger City Series Classic or Elite if you want something that you can use for both in and outdoors.
I had the Baby Jogger City Series Single 2007.5 (now referred to as the Classic) and I used if for everything from shopping to outdoor trail walks---it is a GREAT "All-In-One" stroller.
Here is a link to Baby Jogger Site so you can compare the three:
http://babyjogger.com/cityserieslanding.htm
Good luck with you decision!
Michelle :)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I love the Mini so far. I'd say it can't handle gravel for long distances, but for sidewalks it should be fine (I use it as my errand-y stroller, have a mountain buggy for my 'garage' stroller, it's like our third car, I never fold it up). The basket is really not super for big trips on the mini... I can shove a few little things in the basket, but nothing compares to a Graco, so if you love the basket of a Graco, skip it. I got the mini to replace my Aria... sort of more full-featured than an umbrella, rugged enough for the zoo, but still a super small fold... it's definitely more sturdy than the Aria, and really not much bigger (Michelle, will you be carrying the Mini Snack Tray? I really need one as soon as they come out, lol). I think I might also really be looking at a Maclaren Techno XLR for another 'big' stroller, but I really wanted the child tray, which macs don't have (the 2007 models are only 199 now, otherwise I'd never even look at it, lol...but macs are just a *dream* to push...)

:)

Lex

If you want ONE stroller to be an everything stroller, then I'd definitely recommend the Mountain Buggy Urban Single. I also really love our Peg Perego Pliko p3, and I think the two compliment each other very nicely, but if I could only have one, it would be the MBUS.

Regardless of which brand, I would recommend that you get a 3-wheeled "jogging" stroller with all-terrain tires, a front swivel wheel, and a reclining seat.

Lex

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Update... DH gives thumbs up to the Mini :). He's pushed it around the zoo and walmart and not complained at all, said it was easy to push and steer, and thought the harness and fold mechanism were cool. He's not nearly as fond of my other (previous) strollers... he kicked the Aria and Verve (I have learned to walk so I never kick a stroller, but he doesn't have the patience...and even without learning I never kicked those, so I don't know what his deal is, lol). I just need to get a chest clip onto the harness somehow... So did you get the XLR, though? :D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC