help me choose a seat please

Malia

Ok, so how long are car seats "good" for? She is only 18 months old now...... if I got a Radian would I end up having to replace it before she gets too big for it?

ADS

Malia

OK, I think what will work best for us is to keep our Evenflo in our car for now and buy a Radian for my parents' van. I am really liking the PRINCESS:D.....

My parents' van is a '00 Chevy Venture extended. Will the Radian work for us?

If the Nautilus doesn't come in the next few months we will get another Radian for our car too...an '05 Ford Focus Wagon.

I am deciding on the Radian over the Marathon because of the slightly cheaper cost as well as the taller harness slots.....

But I am still not 100% positive:eek:. I am hoping to get to a baby store that carries them soon so i can try out the harness and see which one might be easier for me.

Any other thoughts or suggestions would be really appreciated. I know I am being a pest but this is a huge chunk of money to us and I want to make the right choice. I want the safest seat possible for my DD and one that I can actually use......

Malia

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I've managed to get our Radian into a '00 Chevy Venture. It wasn't as easy as our '06 Focus Wagon, but it worked. Check the Venture's manual regarding locking the seatbelt. My SIL's van had BOTH locking latchplates and retractors. I wasn't sure which to use.

I've put the Radian in the driver third row and a position on the second row bench (I can't remember which side! :eek:) I know one side of the second row bench had a hard buckle stalk that I didn't want to fuss with, so I chose the other.

HTH!

Malia

I've managed to get our Radian into a '00 Chevy Venture. It wasn't as easy as our '06 Focus Wagon, but it worked. Check the Venture's manual regarding locking the seatbelt. My SIL's van had BOTH locking latchplates and retractors. I wasn't sure which to use.

I've put the Radian in the driver third row and a position on the second row bench (I can't remember which side! :eek:) I know one side of the second row bench had a hard buckle stalk that I didn't want to fuss with, so I chose the other.

HTH!

Where did you install it in your focus? We were really hoping to get it in the middle..... how about the venture, could it go in the second row middle seat?

Malia

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician

Where did you install it in your focus? We were really hoping to get it in the middle..... how about the venture, could it go in the second row middle seat?

Our Radian is FF in the centre with the belt. I haven't tried it anywhere else.

I really can't remember what side of the second row bench I put the seat in... it was a very brief trip home from the airport after a red-eye flight. I had been expecting to be picked up in our own car (the Focus) but only discovered in the parking lot that I'd have to battle with the unfamiliar Venture. Not a fun time! ("Why does it matter what car picks you up? All you have to do is do up the buckle, right? I don't even know why you still have him in a carseat, isn't he big enough for a booster? Don't worry about it moving around, it's good enough - I'm sure it really doesn't have to be that tight. Are you going to be much longer..." :mad::mad::mad:)

Sorry, bit of a flashback there :eek:

Mommy090804

Where did you install it in your focus? We were really hoping to get it in the middle.

We have a Radian installing with seatbelt RFing outboard in our Focus wagon. The nice thing about the Focus is that the seats are really sloped, therefore the Radian isn't as reclined as it might be in other vehicles. You would probably be able to install it in the middle, depending on how far back the driver's seat is. I don't think the Radian would fit between the two front seats. We installed the Radian and then moved the passenger seat right back against the Radian to brace it and maximize the passenger leg room. Here are a couple pictures showing the position and recline. HTH!

DSC00928.jpg

DSC00926.jpg

(Sorry for the huge pictures - they never seem to resize properly...)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC