Would you buy this???

ADS

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Not without knowing what the DOM is.

You never know it could be a new seat that has been sitting in someone's garage for the last 4yrs :rolleyes: Can you ask the DOM or wait until the Britax sale in Feb?

leebeeag

the only this is that if i wait till the sales in FEB then i also have to pay $$$ of postgae to get to AU,which could add another $150 AU ontop.

*waves* hello from across the ditch!

Want some silly weather?
USmominOz posts on here and lives in QLD she shipped a regent recently so could tell you of costs, or could bring one back over later this year? :p

crunchierthanthou

When was the BLVD introduced? I'm thinking 2-3 years ago, but I may be way off. There were still Wizards being sold in 2005 and it replaced those.

Equally importantly- do you know the history of the seat? If it is brand new, why is it being sold at that price? Is it only age? Who is selling it that you cant find out the DOM?

In your location, I'd consider it. :twocents: If it has been less than 3 years since they were introduced, then that's up to half its lifespan. It's around halfprice, so I think it's fair enough.

leebeeag

Ive sent them an email to ask why its been sold so cheap..ie age.so all i have to do now is wait for their answer.

USmominAU...i remember seeing in previous posts that shes thinking of bringing over a seat already when she returns to the states...so she'll have too much to worry about..

this is why it seems like a great buy at a great price..

BTW.. its not for me (though i wish it was..."were trying for no.3"))its for a very close girlfriend who cant afford to buy a new seat for her newest baby due in a couple of months.

Could you wait for the britax sale, see what the prices are and then decide?
Could she pay shipping and you pay for the seat? When is she due?

We are going to AU later this year if shipping to NZ works out cheaper, we will be in QLD and NSW.

leebeeag

My friend is barly able to afford the child she already has, so this is why i thought id get her the seat.. her child now was just going to sit in an ordinary seat..no car seat!!!! she's the same weight and heights as DS2 16kgs not too tall
maybe shipping to NZ is cheaper???

Mind you AU only requires under 12 months to be in a car seat, or is that some states only? Is it being changed? They want kids in boosters here until 12 yrs or 148cm, same as UK.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC