Do I need another stroller?

Melanie

I've been thinking I might want another tandem stroller, but I'm worried about how much use I will really get out of it.

1) how much use do you think a 3 year old will still use a stroller
2) is there anything that fits my needs (below)

I have an Evenflo step-up that is a pita. I purchased it used & it's very wobbly. There are many many things I don't like about it. I use the Evenflo while mall shopping, etc. I have others that work for other purposes: single jogger, double jogger, Chico C5 , Joovy Caboose, Graco single and a cheapy single umbrella stroller

I thought I'd use the Joovy for my everyday stroller. DD2 usually sits on the back. She's really too tall to sleep comfortably in the front. I've been using the Chico C5 a lot since it's better for sleeping for both.

I'm wondering if a better tandem would work better. This is what I'd like:

no child tray or tray that can be removed so DD can climb in herself
comfy recline for both seats-so both can sleep at the same time
big enough for DD2. 34 lbs & tall almost 3 yr old
steers decent
I don't care about being putting an infant seat in it
price-around $200 if possible

Am I just wishing for the impossible?

ADS

lovinwaves

How old is the youngest?

When I saw your title my immediate thought was "but of course!". After reading your post I think I have the perfect stroller for you...

So, here comes my side by side lecture :eek: :

You are suggesting a tandem when actually I would tell you to steer (no pun intended) clear of a tandem with a 3 year old.

Tandems are not always the friendliest to push, steer, and navigate with. Add to that a 3 year old, and you have momma "working" just to push the stroller.

Tandem designs are all wrong. They want the heaviest child in the front, so the stroller doesn't tip, but guess what that does? Makes it very hard to steer. You have no leverage.

Maclaren for example does not even make a tandem. Not worth it. It's a design that just doesn't work when kids get older.

I have had tandems. I NEVER wanted a side by side, and neither did DH. They seemed so wide, and akward.

Well....They aren't. They fit through a standard doorway(most highend strollers). Wherever a wheelchair can go, you can go. Simple as that. A side by side really isn't *that* wide. They just seem wide at first. It definitely takes some getting use to. In all honesty I find a side by side easier to navigate, not to mention how much easier it is to push and steer.

All of my side by sides I could steer and push with my pinky finger...yes my pinky finger. Now my Graco Duoglider, or Joovy Caboose?...uh not a chance.

Now I do like both of those above strollers, but I think you are ready for a side by side. Give it a try. They sell well, and are very popular.

So what stroller is the one I am thinking for you? It's that purdy orange and grey one in my siggie. Baby Jogger Mini Double. :D

http://www.babyjogger.com/cityminidouble.htm

Last edited:

MySillyKids

*I* have a 3.5 year old, and had a tandem Joovy caboose. WORST mistake EVER.

It worked while DS was in his younger 3's, but not now.

I HIGHLY recommend the City Mini Double. I just got mine in TODAY (see my thread) (my thread http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=32481)

Its fantastic. My DS1 has GROWING room in it, and he's in all 5t clothing.. he's NOT small for his age at all!

I wish i could sleep in my stroller tonight :whistle: I prolly would!!!

Yes. Get it. But you have to get blue, or black. Okay?!? :D

Melanie

oh, it's beautiful...I'd love to have that stroller.

I really didn't want to spend that much though...maybe I could sell all my crappy strollers??

Do you have any problems with it pulling to the side from different weight kids? I have 34 lbs & 16 lbs.

lovinwaves

You won't have a pulling issue. If you have one child in there only then you might feel a slight pull but nothing like that crappy grocery cart that pulls so bad you have to take it back to the front of the store and get a new one ;)

How old is the youngest?

mominabigtruck

I have a quattro tour duo that we absolutely love. I have no problem putting close to 90lbs worth of kids in it and it steers fine. It is a really big stroller, I'm not going to lie, but we tried several side by side strollers, maclaren and peg and Dallas couldn't get his legs to fit in either one of them. I'm sure there are double joggers that would work too, but personally I need cup holders and a basket and handles to hang stuff off of.

MySillyKids

The baby Jogger, I have a 40lbs 3.5 year old, and a 37.6lb 23 month old. Yes, they are hefty.

No pulling issues. No steering issues, Nothing. all around PERFECT stroller.

as far as 'hanging stuff' off of it..

here's my skip hop on the back of the BJ

IMG_9101.jpg

MySillyKids

I really didn't want to spend that much though...maybe I could sell all my crappy strollers??

Thats EXACTLY what i did. I sold my travel system graco stroller, my Snap n go, and i have a joovy caboose, that i'm going to sell too.

So i just have my new BJ, and 2 umbrella strollers for the grandparents. Thats it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC