cleaning harness straps.

wildeyes

so, dd2 has reflux. bad. and she nailed the harness straps on her EFTA. now, they arent removable, so i cant just replace them, so what can i do to get rid of the vomit smell? would a lil bit of dissolved baking soda in the water i use to wipe it off be ok?or should i just invest in some airfreshners till the smell goes away? it will eventually go away right??

ADS

Synchro246

According to the instruction manual the harness can be wiped clean with mild soap (dish soap is probably mild) and water & air dried. This will put your seat out of commission for a day or two though.

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
I find baby wipes work wonders on my straps. If you can't get the smell out it will not hurt to use a water and baking soda solution. Many have done it.

ETA: to clarify when using baking soda and water. Use a wash cloth or toothbrush to clean. Do not remove harness or submerg.

Last edited:

jlr9882

My son has reflux too and also had the stomach virus back in Dec. My son threw up on his EFTA and his SS1 in one weekend. I told my dad that the harness couldn't get submerg into water, but he went a head and took the water hose to the SS1. I haven't used it since then. Should I get a new harness for it? I will be passing down this seat to my sister in July.

Is something like Odor Be gone safe to use? It says it is safe to use around pets and animals.

wildeyes

ok thanks i wasnt sure. the manual said mild soap and water was ok to wipe with i just wasnt sure if baking soda was mild enough. i cant submurge the straps anyway tho, they dont come out of the seat. :2thumbsup:

Synchro246

ok thanks i wasnt sure. the manual said mild soap and water was ok to wipe with i just wasnt sure if baking soda was mild enough. i cant submurge the straps anyway tho, they dont come out of the seat. :2thumbsup:

Yeah, I agree that baking soda is mild enough. I think it's milder than most soaps.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC