State Of The Art, 1976

classicseats

Here is a Hedstrom Positest car seat from 1976. 5 point harness, ahead of it's time for 1976. This one is brand new with the tag still attached. Very unusual, never saw another. It has a Sears part number on the back. Love that racing stripe! What do you think?

Last edited:
ADS

southpawboston

wow, it really does have the basic form-factor of a modern carseat! it actually looks fairly safe compared with everything else on the market from that time! are those adjustable SIP wings?

MomToEliEm

What are you doing with all these old seats? Are you planning to open up a carseat museum with your collection of seats?

Splash

That is a *very* nice seat. I am super impressed that that was on the market 30 years ago. It's nicer than a lot of seats today! I would certainly take that over a Scenera!

amyg530

how many old seats do you have? you should totally open a museum! you could show the evolution of the car seat

Buy the domain and them some of us on here can help you make a site. Then you need to host it some where, place google ads on it to make money off the site and then you're away laughing.

Tell Safekids aobut it, they may help you ventrue into a small building somewhere to show them off and then you can add in crash test sleds and all that cool stuff. i would fly over (from New Zealand) to look!

NHCPSTECH

Senior Community Member
Do you need a Kantwet? I've got one sitting in my garage that I "traded" for this past fall. I'm just hanging onto it for....ummmm, I dunno, someone like you to come along that NEEDS it for their collection. I'll try and post some photos, it's in decent shape, considering how old it is.

R.

TerisBoys

Do you need a Kantwet? I've got one sitting in my garage that I "traded" for this past fall. I'm just hanging onto it for....ummmm, I dunno, someone like you to come along that NEEDS it for their collection. I'll try and post some photos, it's in decent shape, considering how old it is.

R.

OMG - I *HAD* a secondhand Kantwet One-Step for my oldest (born 1996) that was quickly retired when I learned better (it was 6+ yo, secondhand, aftermarket cover AND the frame was starting to rust!)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC