Black MA covers

chelle80

Are there any other black MA covers that are like the onyx? Colton sweats in the soft plush ones, but not the granite or onyx.
What about speedway or platinum?

ADS

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Racer is similar to the Onyx, black plush on the edges, and a smoother nylon/slippery fabric in the center with a small plaid/check pattern (going from memory, we used to have a Racer MA).

dhardawa

Speedway was a cotton cover so it wasn't plush, but it wasn't the slicky material like Onyx either. I'm not sure about Platinum.

chelle80

Racer is similar to the Onyx, black plush on the edges, and a smoother nylon/slippery fabric in the center with a small plaid/check pattern (going from memory, we used to have a Racer MA).

I've never seen (or heard of) the racer cover.

Speedway was a cotton cover so it wasn't plush, but it wasn't the slicky material like Onyx either. I'm not sure about Platinum.

So its NOT like the graystone or crocodile? He sweats bad in those. He does fine in the granite and the onyx. Oh and the orginal red/black cover that came on the FPSVD he does fine with too.

Have you thought about Denim? I have it and it's not hot and sweaty.

I actually hadn't, but i'm a weirdo that has to have all the seats match and my regent and radian are black. :whistle:

Thanks for the suggestion though!!

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
I have a Speedway. It is not plush nothing like the Croc or Graystone. It is a cotton material and not slick as the PP said. It would be closer to being like the FPVD cover :)

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Here's a picture of the Racer MA:

53_7.JPG

I believe the Racer cover was discontinued at least a year or more ago, but you might be able to find the cover for sale on eBay.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC