Baby Trend Flex Loc

Shilohsmom

Is this a good seat? DH and I can't see spending the $$ for the $200 infant seats when they won't be used that long. We'd rather save the money and use it for a convertible that will get more use out of it. My little guy didn't weigh 22lbs until well after a year. Now, he was tall....but I think that a bucket seat will get us to at least 6-8 months.

Also...the Regent is FRICKIN huge. I couldn't even get it to fit inside my car outboard with a comfortsport in the middle RFing...not that I'm looking to move DS into a regent just yet....he's still waaaaay too small to be FFing...but just for grins I thought I'd try it out....LOL, we would have to have both babies outboard to make it work.

Right now I think we're going to keep Shiloh in the comfortsport until he's too tall for it and then move him to a BLVD. Baby will go in whatever bucket seat we buy and then will move to the comfort sport when DS moves to a Regent. Sound like a plan??

ADS

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
I agree that alot of bucket seats are pretty expensive for the amount of time the baby will be in them. I think as long as it installs well in your car, it would be fine. You could also consider a Graco SafeSeat or the Chicco Keyfit 30, both of which go to 30 lbs. I know you can get the SS1 pretty cheap, around $100 on some sites I beleive.

Since you already have a Comfortsport, I think it would work well putting the baby in that once s/he outgrows the bucket, and moving your older DC into the Blvd. Personally if I did that, I would make sure the baby is in the middle since the older child in the Blvd would have the SIP.

As far as positions in the car, having 2 kids 20 months apart, I personally chose I have them both outboard. When DD2 was a newborn I worried about DD1 kicking or pinching her, and now that they are older I have to deal with them stealing toys from one another...it just works better for us to have them separated!

FrogJuice

I know 2 people that have the baby trend flex loc and I personally would never own one. I don't care for the design of the handle, don't like the way the buttons to get the handle down are, and just kinda seems like a cheap and flimsy carseat. very narrow. I used a snugride for both my girls I really like gracos. My girls both were in there snugrides until around 18mos old. Dh and I are trying for another baby, and I agree don't think it would be necessary to have the 30pd limit on the seat with the first in the snugrides for so long. But I definatly will spend the money for an ss1 or keyfit 30 with the next one, I figure I can keep it in the infant seat for longer, who knows every kid is different, but think the 30pd limit would be a nice option, and if you hit a good sale, even better.

Shilohsmom

The only thing with the SS1 is that its huge! At least as far as infant seats go. We drive Honda Civics (2 door and 4 door) and its not fun getting seats in the back of them!

Realistically, DS could still fit weight wise in a SS1, but he'd be way too tall. Plus, he HATED the bucket seat, we ended up moving him to the comfort sport really early...like 4 months.

Has anyone here used the baby trend seat? I really liked the not having to re-thread the straps feature. Are they really that poorly of a made seat? I also liked the fact that it seemed smaller...because of the honda.

I think positioning wise...if I can fit 2 seats next to eachother, I'd like to try and leave an outboard seat open. DH had to ride in the back of the car with DS for a while until he got over the "i hate the car and am going to scream the whole way" phase.

If not, they can both ride outboard and DH will have to try to squeeze his skinny arse in between the two!

brooklynsmommy

Honestly, the safe seat really isnt that much bigger. Yes its is a little big bigger, but not that much. And it is more front to back bigness, not so much side to side.

armyfam

Overall I liked my Flex Loc seat. Very easy to get in and out of the car(compared to my Companion) and I like the headrest piece. I did not like the handle though. Very difficult to maneuver at times.

skipspin

I think it just depends on what you are used to as far as liking the FLex-lock.

If you can install it and use it correctly it's going to be fine. If you are worried about the ease of use, then you could see if you can fine a Graco Snugride on sale. They are a little easier to use. (Just make sure it has FRONT adjusters. There are still a few made without them, and I'd take a flex-lock over one of those any day!)

You don't want this Snugride: no front adjuster:
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=8112223

This Snugride does have the front adjuster. (You can see the strap hanging down the front.)
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2888911

Have fun shopping!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC