What are exhibits like @ LifeSavers?

CarSeatPoncho

Well, I'm going to exhibit at LifeSavers in Portland OR next April! I am so excited!

I know a lot of you have gone, so I was wondering if anyone could tell me how elaborate and/or professional (or basic and simple) the exhibitors get? Since I'm a startup, I am, well, FRUGAL is one way to put it, but I do want to be taken seriously.

If anyone has any pictures, I'd love to take a look.

Thanks in advance!

PS: I was totally absent here for the past month, bc poncho orders were AMAZING! Thanks to all of you for your support and help in getting the word out. The feedback has been wonderful and it really helps me keep going.

Hope you all had a wonderful holiday! xo

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Oh COOL!!!! I love love love mine, but my extremely moody 2 yo won't wear it yet :eek:

You basically get a table, like 6 or 8 feet long and 2.5 feet deep, and you can make it plain or fancy... Like last year the Sunshine Kids one was just Russ standing there with 2 car seats, though the year before that they had a fabulous array of aftermarket products on the wall behind them (seems there's a way to hang stuff up there...?). Some people give away loads of gadgets (buttons, keychains...), but we appreciate a fishbowl full of tootsie rolls if that's all you can afford :D. Anyway, I hope someone has pictures, but it's really very standard exhibit hall stuff, so you might get good ideas from just googling for ideas about that.

:thumbsup:

ThreeBeans

What about a large posterboard with bullets on why it's unsafe to wear a coat in the car, and then show the alternative; blown up photographs of different sized children in various car seats in your ponchos :twocents::D

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
So happy for you :cool!: Wish we were going....

I'm positive you'll be great & ditto ThreeBeans' ideas :2thumbsup: I'd also include a hands-on life-size doll in carseat for techs to play with using a poncho: give-aways are always a smash, too!

P.S. my kiddo can't get enough of hers :love: It's pretty amusing -- her fave outfit day in day out is my green floor length Prof. Sprout skirt tied around her waist by a belt with blow up Pirate sword attached & the poncho (no shirt or shoes) :rolleyes: I've lost track of all the various characters she pretends to be in this outfit, LOL! Sorry, I should take a picture to share with you :p I do have 1 of her in the car which I'll email, though....

Last edited:

ThreeBeans

What about tiny doll poncho giveaways? Make leeetle tiny ponchos with your website embroidered on them. Something that fits the standard 16-18" doll?

skaterbabs

That's a good idea! You could raffle off one poncho as well. Someone did that last year. They had a fishbowl on the table & some index cards and at the end of the convention they drew a name and gave away the whatever-it-was.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
What about tiny doll poncho giveaways? Make leeetle tiny ponchos with your website embroidered on them. Something that fits the standard 16-18" doll?

EEEEEEEEEEK!!!!! YES!!!!!!!! If I had one of those now, my dd might wear hers...I wonder if I can hack up a blanket and fool her (I don't sew...at ALL... It'll have to be pinking shears and safety pins if I do it :eek:)

CarSeatPoncho

Great ideas! I can definitely do a raffle and Tootsie Rolls. Doll ponchos, I'm not so sure, but I can see where you're going on that... maybe I can get a magnet made or something useful, pens? ... wow, I am excited and nervous!

Do people buy things there? Should I bring inventory or is that a no-no? I'll also email the LSver people...

spokaneCPST

CPST Instructor
I got an email that pens with logos are "free" at Vista Print today! It sounds like you are getting some fabulous ideas.
Renee

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I've bought a few things from booths...mugs from Safetybeltsafe...and a locking clip pin from some other place...I know I WANTED to buy a bucklebag, they probably could have sold dozens of those. You should find out the rules, though... :)

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I wish I were going! I don't think I am, though. I've got pictures . . . somewhere. Let me see if I can find something and I'll put some up.

skaterbabs

the Bucklebag people said that they weren't allowed to sell; I think SBS was given special permission or something.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
I've bought a few things from booths
Yep, I also bought a couple things from SafetyBeltSafe & the Buckle Bag guy was willing to let me place an online order with the discount coupon via his laptop set up right there -- just didn't have that $ :whistle:

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
I soooo wish I could go to Lifesavers this year. I could if I wanted to pay my own way but we want to take the girls to Seaworld & SC this year so I need to save my pennies instead.

I think I tended to explore the ones that had more info or stood out more then the basic booths. Or even raffle 1 poncho off on the last day. I know that got several booths more exposore.

AliRR

I was also going to suggest VistaPrint for making magnets, business cards, pens, and other stuff with your info on it to give away.

skaterbabs

You can also get little candies or keychains with your website on them to hand out. That's pretty cheap.

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
Oh man! I swore the next LifeSavers was in Nashville (turns out that's the one in '09). Guess I'll be going in 2 years then...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC