04 GMC Envoy Latch and Tether

Devenity

I bought a used 04 GMC Envoy SLT (with the thrid seat). The Owner's Manual was not with the vehicle. I have two questions. First, does this model of vehicle have the latch system? If it does they must be way in there because I can't feel that they are there and I do not see them. Secondly, is there a tether anchor for the car seats sitting in the second seat? I have looked and felt everywhere around the back of the seat and I don't see or feel anything. Does anyone else here have that model and make of vehicle? TIA

ADS

Stretchy Glue

Hi, I have an 05 Envoy but not with the 3rd seat. Here's a picture of my LATCH buttons, and how to find it.
100_3286.jpg

LATCH buttons in 2nd seat
100_3287.jpg

Pull on this tab to flop bottom forward

100_3288.jpg

Lift flap to find LATCH anchors

100_3289.jpg

LATCH anchors

100_3290.jpg

My top tether, in the cargo area.

***NOW, this is for a standard wheel base, not the 3rd seat, but hopefully this helps you out a bit.

crunchierthanthou

According to the LATCH manual, your third row does not have LATCH, or even top tethers. YIn the second row, you have two complete sets of LATCH on the outboard seats (lower anchors and top tethers). Your second row center seat has a tether anchor. The tether anchors are under the back of the seat for all three positions.

Devenity

Thanks a bunch. I was starting to think they didn't exist.
I meant to ask this in my first post but I forgot. You don't have to use the locking clip on the belts correct? I've really used this forum a lot the last few days.
Thanks for all your help.

crunchierthanthou

No, you shouldn't need a locking clip. Your seatbelts will either lock at the retractor, or at the latchplate. You can find out by pulling the shoulder belt all the way out and then letting it back in slowly. If it ratchets back in and won't pull out until you let it most of the way back in, it has a locking retractor.

If it doesn't lock like that, you have a locking latchplate (male end of the seatbelt buckle). You can tell if that's what you have by buckling the seatbelt and trying to pull on the lap portion. If it stays tight, you have a locking latchplate.

Here's a page with information about different types of seatbelts-

http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/lockincss.aspx

Devenity

It locks when I pull it all the way out. I am certain that I do not need one according the the car seat manuals just needed to confirm cause I don't have the vehicle manual. Thanks

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
You shouldn't need a locking clip but some rf'ing child restraints esp infant carriers are more prone to needing a locking clip for lateral lift.

Stretchy Glue

No, you don't need a locking clip. Even with the seatbelt install you can get it without the seat tipping a rf seat. They lock at the retractor but I've had good luck with Scenera and FPSVD seats rf seatbelt installs.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC