any tampa area techs???

nikkilynn

Senior Community Member
I'm wondering if there are any tech's in the tampa bay area who have a radian. I am looking at buying an old vehicle (it would be new to me of course :)) and I'm pretty sure a radian is one of few seats that would fit safely, but I don't have one to test it. I would be more than happy to buy radians if I did buy the car and the radians worked. I don't want to buy one though if it's not needed yet. If there's anyone in the area that could help I'd really appreciate it!!!

Thanks!!!:love:

ADS

Starlight

Senior Community Member
:D

The Radian does have install issues, but it's primarily with seatbelts that are forward of the bight. The bight is the little crevice where seats meet - the bottom and the back? Well, if the buckle portion of the belt sits in the bight, or if it's the type you have in your vehicle - where you can twist them (up to 3x) to shorten them - then it's probably okay. If the buckle is fixed (doesn't move) and/or is forward of the bight, then that's generally bad. I can find pictures if that doesn't make any sense.

Last edited:

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
;)
BTW, to the other tech's reading this and thinking "troll:" NikkiLynn is my IRL bff. We just happen to live on opposite ends of the country. :D

Sure...J/K :p

Hi Nikki :happy-wavehello: You can find a tech in your area here. Hopefully your BFF told you this. If not I can kick her rear for you ;)

Last edited:

Starlight

Senior Community Member
I didn't tell her. I don't know those people. I am hoping for a board member tech to be able to help her. For some reason they (the board member techs) just seem to have a little bit more... education? I wonder why that could be. :whistle:

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
I don't either, but it gives you a wide variety to choose from. It is true the board members seem to be better educated, but they all had to go through the same training to get certified ;). I have had people that I speak to go to the FD to getthier seats checked instead of having me do it. I find it very ironic that they choose to go there instead of giving me a chance. My instructor has told them in the past that that I can do a rock solid intall better than him :love:. He also lets them know that just because I do not work at the FD does not mean I will not do a good job and he had the same training as me other than he is an instructor now.

nylle

I am a tech located in Safety Harbor. Feel free to PM me. Also, I install several radians a week, as we sell them. =) Plus, my kids ride in them full time.

Thanks!

Ellyn

Last edited:

skipspin

I`m near Tampa and have a Radian if that helps.

Send me a private message or email and Ill get with you next week when I have normal internet back.

nikkilynn

Senior Community Member
Thanks!!! You guys are awesome! I'm in tampa area so that's great, I'll definitely PM you!

As far as looking for offboard techs I'd rather not if I can avoid it. The last car seat check I went to I had to explain (with help of bff) how to install my MA and she told my daughter that she's old enough to be in a backless booster. Well, my truck doesn't have headrests, so I nicely let her know that normally that's true, but without headrests that wouldn't be safe. At that point she was in a graco booster, but is back in her MA now.

I know they mean well, and I don't know alot by any means, but it was very odd to meet a tech that was not a carseat nut since I'm so used to starlight. And she is definitely a carseat nut, natzi, whatever it is you like to call yourself starlight. :love:

Anyway, thanks for the help! I'm sure I'll need more later! :eek:

Starlight

Senior Community Member
I do have a Car Seat Geek t-shirt! I bought it from Becky - skaterbabscpst. Yes, that is a plug for Becky's stuff. :whistle:

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
Thanks!!! You guys are awesome! I'm in tampa area so that's great, I'll definitely PM you!

As far as looking for offboard techs I'd rather not if I can avoid it. The last car seat check I went to I had to explain (with help of bff) how to install my MA and she told my daughter that she's old enough to be in a backless booster. Well, my truck doesn't have headrests, so I nicely let her know that normally that's true, but without headrests that wouldn't be safe. At that point she was in a graco booster, but is back in her MA now.

I know they mean well, and I don't know alot by any means, but it was very odd to meet a tech that was not a carseat nut since I'm so used to starlight. And she is definitely a carseat nut, natzi, whatever it is you like to call yourself starlight. :love:

Anyway, thanks for the help! I'm sure I'll need more later! :eek:

YW :) Starlight explained your experience. I understand why you would be hesitant to seek an unknown tech.

Splash

I'm in St. Pete, and I know there are a few other folks around here (won't name names or give locations, but they're out there...). I've got one. It's the resident evil in my house. I bought it for a singular purpose, and not I'm thinking that purpose just isn't good enough. That seat and I don't get along too well....

Starlight

Senior Community Member
Your car just doesn't like carseats. Doesn't it fuss with them all? I think it's time for you to get a new one. Yup. :D

(Hey, get one of those Caravans, take pics for us, since the other member w/ one has not, okay?)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC