Someone with a LATCH manual

jdchic3

We saw my SIL yesterday and we were talking about child restraints as she got a new Britax BV for her very tall three-year-old DD this summer. She found out how much I've learned here, and I bookmarked the link to the site for her. Anyway, we were talking about the seat, and she was asking me about the top tether. The seat is installed center, but she has the tether attached to one of the outboard tether anchors. She said she found out where the center one is but just can't get the cover off to access it. I told her that she needs to change the top tether location to the one directly behind the BV. I was wondering if anyone can look up for me to see where her top tethers are. Also to see if her vehicle allows a center LATCH install. She has an '07 (I believe, it could be an '08) Nissan Murano. I'm also going to send her the link to this thread. Thanks in advance guys!

ADS

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Hi to your SIL. :) For the '03-'07 Murano, the top tether anchor for the center rear seating position is on the cargo floor under the rear liftgate. The outboard top tether anchors are on the back of the vehicle seat. The LATCH manual doesn't list the '08 model, which is probably the same if it hasn't been redesigned.

Nissan does not allow borrowing of the outboard lower LATCH anchors to do a center installation, so you would need to use the seatbelt to install in the center.

jdchic3

Does anyone else happen to have experience with the Murano? If so, did you have to remove the cover over the center tether anchor? How did you do it?

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
I don't have specific experience with the Murano but poked around online to see if I could find an owner's manual. The '07 Murano's manual vaguely describes removing the cover from the center top tether anchor and storing the cover, but doesn't go into specific detail about how. My best guess would be it's a plastic cover of some sort that can be pried off or pulled up with a screwdriver to access the anchor. Here's the quote from the manual on page 38 of the .pdf file, which references a diagram on the same page, but the diagram doesn't show removing the cover for the anchor, just the location of it:

For the center position C , remove
the anchor cover from the anchor point as
illustrated. Keep the removed cover in a secure
place to prevent loss or damage.

S

Sylvia

I realize this is an old post, but just in case someone is wondering (and has come upon it via google as I did)... You have to lift the floor cover and then the anchor cover comes right off.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC