Britax booster vs Compass booster?

jymarino

I need some feedback on the differences between the Britax child booster and the Compass booster, which seems comparable to the Britax. I really like Britax, but if the Compass is equally good in features and ease of use, I may go with it b/c it is a bit cheaper. Anyone with any experience with these please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks!

ADS

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
I believe the head wings are much deeper on all the Britax boosters, although the Starriser has no EPS foam & deeper head wings with EPS are more protective in side-impact crashes. You can compare crash tests of a booster with deep wings verses shallow wings..... But, side-impacts aren't as common as frontal collisions :rolleyes:

scatterbunny

The Britax Parkway and Bodyguard have True Side Impact Protection (meaning they have been designed and tested for enhanced side impact protection) and go to approximately 60". The Parkway has minimum height/weight requirements of 38" and 30#; the Bodyguard's are 43"/40#. The Britax Starriser Comfy goes to approximately 53" and has no EPS foam and no TSIP, but the advantage to the SRC is that it's width adjusts narrower than any other booster, making it fit in a wide variety of spaces. The SRC's height/weight req's are 43"/30#. The Compass B-500 goes to approximately 57", has EPS foam but is not designed/tested for side impact protection. The B-500's minimum height/weight req's are 38"/30#.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I prefer the fit of the Britax Parkway for smaller children. If your child is somewhere between 5-8, then the Compass should fit fine, and it's a great choice if you want to bring the seat as a carry on in the overhead compartment if you happen to travel a lot. But I find the Parkway to be a little bit nicer, taller, and of higher quality than the Compass (not that I don't like the Compass, but I prefer the side impact protection of the Parkway for my own kids).

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
The Parkway is my favorite, too.... I like the folding idea of the Compass for travel or to keep in the trunk as a spare seat, but for that purpose the Starriser also seems good because the base is detachable & it's narrow enough to fit more easily between other seats. As with other seats, I guess it totally depends on your needs :cool: However, I must say I'm a fan of the funkier Britax fabrics, LOL!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC