Car Seat Recommendation for 1998 Nissan Altima

spiderangs

My DD turned 3 yrs old last Oct. She's 40lbs and 39 inches tall. See the picture of how long her torso in Radian80 in my car- Oldsmobile. So, another car seat is Safety 1st Intera in Nissan Altima (her grandmother's car) that needs replacement due to the weight limit.

The budget is little tight- I look over Apex but not sure if it will fits because the back seat has curve head rest, not adjustable.

Just toss the recommendation then we will figure out from there. Thanks!

ADS

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Searching (Carseat Data website closed - link broken) it appears that the Radian fit the 1997 Altima very well & the Evenflo Triumph Advance should also work well in that vehicle :)

spiderangs

Yes, I know that Radian fits in Altima which it was installing in there before. But I need 2nd car seat for that car. That's why I am asking if there is another option that cheaper than Radian.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
For high weight harnesses, the Radian65, Evenflo Triumph Advance & Apex are at the lower end of cost -- Fisher Price Safe Voyage Deluxe may also work (they've been discontinued recently so I think they cost less) & the Rider Safer Travel Vest is also an option (~$90+) ideally suited only to center seat use as it performs very well in frontal crash tests, but lacks any side impact protection.... We really like ours for the occasional ride in Grandpa's car :) Like the Apex, adequate head support is a must & it also requires top tether anchor for lap only belt (may be able to have 1 installed)

Re: the Apex: IME, most kids do have adequate head support in most vehicles even without adjustable head rests for use in harness mode, but I don't know about this particular vehicle & most kids do end up needing adjustable head rests for use in booster mode :twocents: Can you try seats out at a local Babies-R-Us?

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
I would say a FPVD would be a cheaper alternative. My grandmother has an Altima I think a 2000. I have installed DD BV in the rear center fine. The FPVD has the same shell as the MA and the BV. HArnesses to 55 lbs.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC