Graco Snugride or Chicco Keyfit

glockchick

I know I won't be toting it around past 22 lbs anyway so I don't want to go with the bigger, more cumbersome ss. He'll have a Britax after he outgrows the infant seat.

How do these two compare? I'm specifically asking about the weight of the seats without the bases. I'm leaning towards the keyfit because my kids get chunky fast, usually 20 lbs or so by 6 months but then stay there until past a year, but not if it's quite a bit heavier than the Graco. I have 5 other kids to keep up with and really need the seat to be as portable as possible. The shipping weight listed is 7 lbs difference, but I can't tell if the weight is in the seat or the base. I don't care if the base is heavier. ;)

Thanks!

ADS

glockchick

Thanks! I think that's what I'll go with then. :) I love my Britax for the ease of installation so I'm sure the Chicco will be well worth it just for that.

momtobe2007

Go with the chicco!! It's only about a pound more. We originally had the Graco snugride, and I had a hard time getting the base installed. We ended up returning it but only b/c the stroller was defective. Dh didn't want a Graco after that so we got the Chicco system and have LOVED it ever since! It's sooo easy to install and get super tight. Takes me 30 seconds!! I'm hoping her convertible will be super easy too! :)

Plus, the stroller is great! It's super light, stands upright by itself, and sooo easy to manuever. Only thing I wish is that the basket was bigger. Oh well...beggars can't be choosers!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC