Thrid row in 4Runner?

K

kbower

Does anyone know if it is safe to put either a high backed booster or a regular car seat in the thrid row of a 4Runner?

Thanks!

ADS

crunchierthanthou

What does the vehicle owner's manual say? As long as it's a factory installed, I don't see any problem with using it for carseats. In fact, that's usually the best bet for third rows because they are often uncomfortable for adults.

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
The third row seat most likely doesn't have LATCH, but you can install a carseat with the seat belt. Just check the carseat manual for instructions on how to do that, and it should be fine. :)

K

kbower

Thanks! I wasn't sure if it would work because they are removeble seats. I don't mind using the seatbelts so that is good. I know the two older ones are going to want to stay together after the baby is born so this will work out great!

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Just curious, what model year is your 4Runner? I wasn't aware they had a third row option but it may just have escaped my notice (I'm a voracious reader of vehicle info. and reviews, lol).

Edited to add: Ahhh, I see the third row is an option starting in the 2007 model year 4Runners, so I'm guessing yours is an '07 or newer. Learn something new every day. ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC