How is this for a temporary solution?

hsjwmom

DD2 has outgrown her MA :( I've been trying to hold out for the fabled Shannon Regent but I need to do something now.

I'm thinking about doing this: Put dd2 in dd1's Regent and having dd1 use one of our boosters until either: 1)a Shannon Regent is released OR 2)the February sales and just suck it up and get a Madison on sale. (I do not want Madison! The seat of our Ashley Floral looks dingy even after washing it once. Pretty as it is, I don't want another seat with that pattern!)

I'm not too keen on putting dd1 in a booster but I won't be doing that much driving until after the baby is born, anyway. (restricted activity heading toward bedrest) We have a TurboBooster and a Bodyguard. The BG is a pain in the *** to use, but I feel like it is a safer/better choice than the TB? Any input?

I don't want to buy a new booster right now because we have two that are perfectly fine. I may get a Monterey later, but only after we have some reviews :D

ADS

hsjwmom

I'm in the Houston area. Um, neither dh (a TX native) or I can figure this out... what does BCS stand for?

ThreeBeans: That's what I'm afraid of! Eh. Maybe I'll end up tracking down another Blue Bouquet. That would have the added bonus of no fighting over a new seat! ;)

TXAggieTech

Bryan-College Station. About 1.5 hours away from you. I was gonna say if you need an extra seat short term until the Shannons were out you could use one of ours. That sucks about the Shannon.

Baby Universe has Huskys for $199 shipped. Probably a pretty old DOM but if you knew you wouldn't need the full life...

hsjwmom

I mainly don't want to spend the $ on a new seat right now. DD1 is 7 and over 50lbs...certainly big enough for a booster, I'm just a "Nervous Nelly." We use our boosters for spares but it's been several months since we've put dd in one. Maybe she'll have settled down a bit. She doesn't have any issues, she is just VERY bouncy. :D

I WILL check Amazon tomorrow though. That's a really good idea. If it's a good enough sale, I guess I'll have to spring for it! (I saw that Husky on sale but I don't want to deal with the tears and fussing if I get a seat that neither dd would like. I'm resigned to spending a bit more)

skaterbabs

FWIW, the Madison Regent doesn't get as dingy as the AF Marathon. I haven't a clue why that is though...

hsjwmom

Well, that is a relief! Still not so keen on all the pink, but I can handle it if I'm not thinking that I'm going to have to wash a filthy seat. :)

skaterbabs

It doesn't stay as clean as, say, the cowmooflauge (which never showed any dirt at all). but it's not filthy like my AF. Talk to me in anther year and I may say something else entirely. lol

hsjwmom

Honestly, I wish I could get another Blue Bouquet. I haven't had to wash ours and it is 15 months old already. It still looks great. (And the added bonus of no fighting over the new seat!) Ah well. I need to email Dana and see what kinda deal I can get on the Madison. We took a ride with dd1 in her booster and neither dh or I were too happy about her in it. Soooo, dh is asking why we don't just get another Regent. Um, yeah, working on that!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC