Toyota 4Runner Honda Pilot Latch ?

britfish

We are going to be visiting family and taking our Britax Marathon on the airplane. We will then install it in our family members cars (the two mentioned above). I believe the 4runner is an 04 and the Pilot is an 05. Can I use Latch in the center position on these vehicles? My DD is FF.
TIA!

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
No. I don't believe you can use LATCH in the center of either of those vehicles.

The LATCH on the newest 4Runners is funny, too. If you are using the left set of anchors, you cannot have a person sit in the center seat. It is kind of strange.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Right, the Pilot and the 4Runner do not have a dedicated set of lower LATCH anchors for the center rear seating positions, and neither Honda nor Toyota allow borrowing lower LATCH anchors from the outboard seating positions to install in the center rear seating position. Center rear installs in the 4Runner and Pilot would require the vehicle seatbelt, or you would need to install outboard using LATCH or the vehicle seatbelt. Whichever location and allowed installation method achieves a proper installation with less than 1" of movement at the carseat's belt path is the goal. Best wishes for a safe and happy trip.

britfish

Great, thanks for the quick responses. Its a little nerve wracking thinking about getting a good install standing in an airport parking garage w/ a cranky toddler and impatient in laws, so I want to be prepared as possible!

Stresch

LATCH outboard install in an 03 4Runner is amazingly simple. Clip, Clip, tighten, tighten, done.

I'm pretty sure that in the 03 the anchors are not offset, so someone can sit in the center. I've never actually needed to do so, however.

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC