Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    CPS Fanatic

HBB for 3rd row Mazda 5?

Is there a cheap HBB for occasional use that works in this spot? My 7 year old is fine in a NBB in the 2nd row, but I occasionally need the 9 year old in there too. And the almost 5 year old, who spends the most time in that vehicle, is asking to FF in the 2nd row. He’s RF right now I’m that vehicle, mostly so I can buckle him through the tailgate.

Also considering a harnessed seat for the 7 year old, which he is ok with. I think he still fits in our not quite expired Radian.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member Dillipop's Avatar

Re: HBB for 3rd row Mazda 5?

We use a recaro performance booster in that spot. I think we’ve used a Graco Turbo- the one with latch and deep head wings- there before with decent luck.

I heard the Evenflo Big kid works there.

CCO 4/15

CPS Fanatic

Did I get the wrong kind of Amp? I got this: Evenflo Big Kid AMP Booster Car Seat, Sprocket https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AJSIVWW..._Rw8HDb5ESJ3HJ

The belt does not retract.

I can't tell if it's the same as this one or not- https://www.walmart.com/ip/Evenflo-B...Tones/52502361

Not sure if the Big Kid Amp is a different seat or not.

CCO 4/15

What year is your 5?

CCO 4/15

CPS Fanatic