Question Car seats & Strollers in a Van accident.

A

Atdabel

Hello there đź‘‹,

We need some help and suggestions please. Our van was in a car accident recently (we were rear ended) and at that time we had three full car seats, a booster seat and two strollers in the Van.
The insurance has agreed to replaced all of our strollers and booster but not the strollers... What do y'all think please?

ADS

jjordan

I'm sorry to hear about your accident! I hope that all your people made it through okay. I'm assuming that you meant to type that insurance is replacing the car seats and boosters but not the strollers, yes? It would be extremely unusual IME for car insurance to replace strollers because they are considered personal property in the vehicle (whereas car seats are required equipment). If you want you could pursue the issue with home owner's insurance but personally I wouldn't recommend it. As long as the strollers seem to be functioning properly (after checking them out carefully), it is fine to continue to use them. The kind of unseen damage that could be catastrophic in a car seat during a crash would not be a factor in regular stroller use.

If either or both strollers was destroyed in the crash then that might change my answer! This is the other driver's insurance that you are working with, I assume?

Dillipop

I would not expect my own car insurance to cover a stroller in my car if a crash was my fault. I would expect the at-fault drivers insurance to cover anything in my car that was broken due to their drivers actions. If your strollers were broken, I would pursue it further with the other companies insurance. You should be made whole again by the at fault driver. It may take going directly to the at fault driver if insurance won’t budge and possibly to small claims to be made whole.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC