Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

2018 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid and Britax Advocate, Chicco My Fit questions.

Hello,

We just purchased a Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid today. I went to put in our seats and I have 2 issues.

1. We have a Britax Advocate that can be rear facing teathered (I have checked this several times and we are good there) but I don't know where would be best when using latch, in the third row passenger side. Is teathering it to the black bar on the seat frame of the seat in the second row good?

2. In the seat on the passenger side 2nd row, we have a Chicco My Fit seat. This seat I am having the darnest time getting the straps to lay flat and the seat to still be tight. Is there a trick to this? Is there an alternative belt path to use?

Thank you for your help!

2. Thank You from:

3. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Re: 2018 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid and Britax Advocate, Chicco My Fit questions.

Hi! We have a 2017 Pacifica Hybrid and are really enjoying it!

For the Advocate, even though it allows RF tethering, the Pacifica does not allow any tethering except to designated anchors for each seating position. These anchors are designed for FF seats and can’t be used for Swedish style RF tethering. You could do Australian style tethering in the 3rd row passenger side, though. It would be really annoying with a baby, but I did it with a 3-year-old who could climb into the seat independently, and it worked well. The Pacifica doesn’t allow tethering to seat rails.

As for the NextFit, I would first make sure the head restraint in the captain’s chair isn’t pushing the seat forward or will get in the way when you raise the harness height. The second row head restraints can be removed on the hybrid, and we did so on the seat our Pioneer is in. If that doesn’t help, this review gives some installation tips Chicco has shared: https://carseatblog.com/47182/chicco...fit-le-review/

Let us know if you have more questions and enjoy your Pacifica!
    -Reta
    Former CPST
    Mom of V, born 6/2014, FF in a Pioneer and Boulevard G4
    G dog, rescued 6/2016, in a belted SturdiBag

5. Thank You from: