Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Car seat configuration and high back booster rec

I have a 2 part question:
    1. We are hiring a new nanny. The lady were considering has a GMC Acadia (not sure on year). I have a rear-facing 3yo (36lbs, 39 7/8in) in a diono radian rxt and an almost 7yo (52.8lbs, 49in) in a high back booster Diono radian rxt. Where would be the best place to put my kids in her vehicle. She also has a 9yo (low booster) and a 12yo (seatbelt) of her own. Ideally, my kids would go in the back because her kids will ride in her vehicle much more, but I don’t know if that’s possible.

2. Can you give me a recommendation for high back boosters that are easy to install and easy to use, but will allow us longevity for my almost 7yo? We like our diono, but she’s having a very hard time buckling herself because of the belt path on this seat 😩. We often travel long distances, and she still falls asleep, so I prefer a high back booster if possible.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPST Instructor murphydog77's Avatar

Re: Car seat configuration and high back booster rec

Hi. 1. I question whether your 7 yr old fits in the Radian as a booster correctly. It's a seat where once kids outgrow the harness, they outgrow the booster. So, I would use a different seat for her, which I'll give you recs for in 2. For your 3 yr old, do you know if the Radian fits RF in the 3rd row of the Acadia? I don't think I've put one in that position in that vehicle so I can't say for sure. Are you using an Angle Adjuster? If not, it will definitely make it fit better.

2. Just about any highback booster will do. If you want to use the back on it for as long as possible, you'll want one that is taller than most, like the Evenflo Spectrum (https://amzn.to/2HDdcYV), the Britax boosters (Highpoint/Midpoint/Skyline: https://amzn.to/2WtGWzG), and the Peg Perego Viaggio Flex 120 (https://amzn.to/2WhMDAB).