Car seats on British Airways, help!

M

Meleah

Help, I am feeling really anxious about my options on British Airways. My family is moving to the UK from Seattle and we have to take a 9.5 hour overnight flight with our 2 and 4 year old. I really want to use their forward facing car seats onboard (we have purchased them their own seats). My 4 year old is big enough for the airplane’s lap belt, but it’s an overnight flight and I want her to be able to fall asleep in her car seat and not on me, trapping me for hours. I have read a lot of conflicting information about this. Some websites say car seats are approved until age 3, so my 4 year old can’t use hers. The BA website doesn’t specifically mention that from what I can tell. I did call BA, but their customer service wasn’t good. I don’t think they could understand my question, there was big language barrier. She said I could use the car seat for my 4 year old but I think she thought I was saying my child is 4 MONTHS. She kept referring to her as my “infant”. I called again to see if I could get a better answer, but the second person thought I was asking about BA’s own carry cot seats installed at some locations on the plane. Again, he didn’t understand because of the language barrier.

Does anyone know the answer?! Can I use both car seats? I already asked Car Seats for Littles but they said BA doesn’t have a good track record for letting ANY car seats on board. I am straight up panicking thinking of containing my kids on an overnight 9 hour flight without car seats. 😳

I also want to install their car seats on the middle two seats of a CENTER row, with my husband and I on the aisles. I knows this is permitted by the FAA but I am not sure about European flights. Does anyone know?

I wish I could just change my flight to an American carrier, but I can’t because our flights are booked through the government and they only book with BA.

My backup plan is to bring a CARES harness for my 2 year old, but my 4 year old is 2 inches too tall to use one.

ADS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC