Older Honda 2 door convertible car seat

U

Unregistered

My 4door Camry decided to quit on me. Until I can save more money to afford to purchase a new car my mother is letting me use her older 2 door Honda. It's been time to switch to a new car seat and I'm one that has to do a lot of research before I make a purchase such as this. I was wanting to get a convertible car seat to last us for at least a couple of years but now I'm thrown for a loop. I'm not sure if that is possible now in a 2 door while staying rear facing. I really want to keep my daughter rear facing for as long s possible. Currently she is almost 27 pounds and 31inches tall. Which is right under her infant seat max. The infant seat is an urbini Omni plus sonti model number 25HB3Y-BLKU

Does anyone know if there are any rear facing car seats that will fit safely?If so are any convertible?
I have a low budget of around 100 but under would be best.

Thank you for your time and any help in advance. It's very appreciated.

ADS

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
If you can swing a Graco Contender in Glacier, it's on sale right now for $99.99: http://amzn.to/1XvLnCR. It fits in small spaces reasonably well and is a tall seat for extended rear-facing. Otherwise, a small seat that fits well in just about most small spaces is the Cosco Scenera NEXT, which also has a small pricetag: http://fave.co/2ctwSxK. For a 2-door car, you'll want to load her in from the opposite side and sit next to her carseat while adjusting her harness.

Since you said it's an older Honda, please check the VIN for Takata airbag inflator recalls. 2001-2003 Hondas have Alpha airbags which have a high rate of explosion and should be repaired IMMEDIATELY. https://www.nhtsa.gov/equipment/takata-recall-spotlight

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC