Question Extend2Fit vs Radian space front to back

boscopup

I realized a couple days ago that my 2.75 year old's carseat expired months ago. :eek: Thankfully, I have a backup seat, so that's changed out. Backup seat is a Radian R100 that expires in 2020. :cool:

I'm thinking about getting another seat to replace the expired one, as I like having a backup seat, plus I hate rethreading harness straps (ahem... Radian). I'm looking at the Graco Extend2Fit seat. My daughter is around 37-38" tall (haven't measured lately, but she was 36" 9 months ago) and around 34-35 lbs. She tends to be around 95% for height and weight. She's a big girl. :) I'd like to keep her rearfacing a bit longer, and the Extend2Fit would do that very easily!

My question is about the space taken up by the rearfacing seat front to back. Which one takes up more space, the Extend2Fit (with extension pushed in all the way) or the Radian? The reason why I ask is because my husband rides in the seat in front of hers, and he's very tall. Right now, with his seat pulled up enough to fit a rearfacing carseat, his knees go into the dash if I have to stop quickly. He doesn't like that. ;) So he's looking forward to her turning around. I'd like to keep her rearfacing for now. I thought I read somewhere that the Extend2Fit doesn't take up a lot of room front to back when the extension is not used. So does anyone know how it compares to the Radian? I have the back seat pushed all the way back (2008 Honda Odyssey) and the passenger seat is pushed up just enough to allow the carseat installation without bracing.

Thanks!

ADS

Dillipop

We have my son's Extend2fit on the passenger side of my parent's 2006 Honda Accord and I believe the seat in front of it is all the way back. My 6'2" 300 lb father can easily sit in front of it. It's amazing how little space it takes up for older children.

lgenne

Yes, the Extend2Fit is very compact. My sister had issues with it in her Civic just because if she installed it as compact as possible, her kid couldn't get into it because of the shape of the door. So she had it in a less compact configuration. We swapped it out for a Radian. Her driver's seat is in the exact same position (a click or 2 further forward than she would like) but at least loading and unloading is easy now.

She moved the Extend2Fit to her Town & Country and loves it there.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC