Question Dodge Caravan and Booster Seat Question, Longish Sorry!

U

Unregistered

We have a dodge caravan and I have read a lot about not being able to fit three carseats in the 3rd row. We put 2 front facing Evenflo Maestro's back there and a bubblebum and it fit fine. Is there any reason why you think this would be dangerous. We put booster on end so he had a headrest. Do you have a safer suggestion? When we watch my Sister in laws kids we have 5 carseats in the van! Carseats and kid ages are 1 RF diono (2 yr old), 2 FF Maestro's (4 and 6 yr old), 1 FF Graco Nautilus (3 1/2 yr old), and 1 bubblebum or Graco booster (almost 7 yr old). I'm wondering what is the safest configuration we did 2 evenflo and booster in 3rd row then nautilus and diono in captain chairs. Also is it just as safe to install the frontfacing carseats in the third row with just the seatbelt? BC the 2015 Caravan only has them in the captain seats. Last question do you have a suggestion for a narrow basic booster (not highback) thats a basic booster not like the bubble bum or mifold. I just feel like those arent as safe.

ADS

MelodyoftheForest

If the 4 and 6 year olds are in the harness in Maestros, they won't be able to be tethered. That makes the install much less safe. You might be able to tether one of them outboard, but I am not certain of the rules for the one top tether anchor in the third row. Evenflo Big Kid Amp high back boosters are generally compatible with the outboard 3rd row seats. I don't know that anything you have as far as harnessed seats would fit between them. Generally a FF Evenflo SureRide is recommended there, since it can be tethered. I can't think of RF seats off the top of my head, but hopefully someone else knows more.

lgenne

The top tether can only be used in the center.

I think your best bet in that 3rd row with kids those ages, assuming that the 2 year old isn't particularly large, is a rear facing Scenera NEXT outboard, the Bubblebum in the center, and an Evenflo Amp Big Kid on the other side.

Alternatively, Evenflo Amps outboard for the 6 year olds and a forward facing Evenflo Sureride in the center for whichever forward facer you prefer.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC