Buy a Regent now or wait 'till we really need it?

mysweetwe

I keep going back and forth and it's driving me nuts! If I could get a Regent on Black Friday at Amazon.com for 30% off, that would be fantastic! BUT we don't absolutely need it yet. #3 is due in March. The plan WAS to have the baby in a bucket that expires in Aug, then a RA that expires in Nov, and buy ds a Regent during the sale in Sept, at which point the baby gets his BV. But the bucket needs a new base, and the RA needs new foam and a new harness- all of which with shipping will probably be about $70. I thought about getting a SS1 with the amazon sale but am obviously to late for that now. Plus ds will eventually need the Regent anyway, so why not get one now? And then the baby could have the BV as soon as he/she outgrows the bucket or it expires, whichever comes first.

It's that why not get one now that's bugging me. Could there be another HWH seat with maybe less issues, or an improved Regent in a year? A month ago ds was 44", 44 lbs, and 14.5" seated. He has long legs that are already past the end of the BV at the top edge, but the bottom of the seat that sticks out still supports them. Will he even be comfortable in a BV for that long, or longer if we get a SS1? Would any new seat that came out in that time period even be deep enough for him?

AAAAHHHH, it's driving me nuts! Thoughts?

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
LOL, short and sweet but yeah...if he's fitting ok in the BV (and can rest his feet on the front of the vehicle seat cushion...my dd was perfectly comfortable doing that till age 6 in her Marathon), then wait for next year's clearance or new improved product, IMO...

mysweetwe

Okay, well it occurred to me that it had been a month, at least, since I measured him last and I thought I remembered raising the harness height in that time. . . He's 16.5 in seated height now! There is NO more room to raise the harness, he's right at the slots. So yeah, he's not going to fit into it for another year.

Since it seems like he just had a growth spurt, I wonder how much more time we'll have until he's over the slots? Any of these new seats for '08 supposed to be better than the Regent? When in '08 would they be coming out? At least I know we can give away the RA now, not gonna need it!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC