Question Best car seat placement

U

Unregistered

I have a 2002 Chrysler Town & Country with center bucket seats and a third row bench seat. Currently, we have an infant seat that we have a base for in the center third row, but we usually just strap it into the driver side center bucket for convenience. I know, not ideal to decide based on convenience, but it is what it is and I'm here for help so don't crucify me. Now, I am purchasing a Chicco NextFit convertible seat and want to know the best place to install in my vehicle. Also, we will be purchasing a cheaper convertible seat for my husband's 1995 F250 crew cab truck because he won't need to use it often, but we need to know which place in the back of his truck is the best placement. Thanks for advice!

ADS

rachelandtyke

Do you have others sitting in the back besides the baby?

We have a 2001 T&C. We put baby in infant seat or youngest child in rear facing convertible in the passenger side 2nd row bucket seat. When we had two rear facers, they each went in one of the bucket seats. Just our preference, driver side would have worked, too.

We only put infant seat or rear facing convertible in the 3rd row when we had grandparents riding with us that couldn't climb into the back.

Keeanh

I'm assuming you have the base in the back for when you need both captain's chairs, but do baseless in a captain's chair when it's available. Sounds like a good plan to me. I always do baseless install in 2nd row with my infant seat (I have a Mazda 5).

As for the truck, I would probably use the middle myself. Both because it's statistically safer, and because it's almost certainly a locking latchplate lap belt. Those are super easy for car seat installs. Buckle, pull tight, you're done.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC