Question Honda Odyssey 2014

liz_a

We have a 2014 Honda Odyssey. My problem is with finding a convertible car seat that can be placed on the 2nd row middle seat when the vehichle seats are in wide mode. When the seats are in wide mode, I am finding that many seats have overhang on the sides. We had a Britax convertible on the 2nd Row Middle seat until it was pointed out to me that Britax does not allow any side overhang. I contacted Diono about the Ranier and they said no side overhang as well. Are there any convertible rear facing car seats that can be placed there safely when the seats are in wide mode? I need wide mode to access the third row. Am I the only one experiencing this problem? Thank you!

ADS

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician
We have a 2014 Honda Odyssey. My problem is with finding a convertible car seat that can be placed on the 2nd row middle seat when the vehichle seats are in wide mode. When the seats are in wide mode, I am finding that many seats have overhang on the sides. We had a Britax convertible on the 2nd Row Middle seat until it was pointed out to me that Britax does not allow any side overhang. I contacted Diono about the Ranier and they said no side overhang as well. Are there any convertible rear facing car seats that can be placed there safely when the seats are in wide mode? I need wide mode to access the third row. Am I the only one experiencing this problem? Thank you!

I've put a Clek Fllo in a newer Honda Odyssey in the +1 seat with no issues (rear-facing). And have Clek's CPSTs assurance in writing that it's even ok on this seat with one of the outboard seats removed entirely.

bnsnyde

Clek Fllo and Foonf work, I have read.
I have one of those read to go for RF and then FF once baby outgrows his bucket seat. These are narrow so should be no problem. (2011 van but almost the exact same as yours).

I have also heard (somewhere on the forums) that Scenera Next fits and that's a very inexpensive option if needed, as well. Plus, light weight and easy to install. Not super user friendly as far as tightening harness like the Clek for everyday use, we found.

U

Unregistered

I'm having the same issue for my 2016. I wanted the boulevard there but they say it can't have any overhang. But I have a friend who emailed Britax and they said as long as it's a tight install it can have 1/2 on each side. So I emailed them also to see what they say. Also I read all these car seat blogs that have a Britax in the middle middle. So I'm really confused.

liz_a

I'm having the same issue for my 2016. I wanted the boulevard there but they say it can't have any overhang. But I have a friend who emailed Britax and they said as long as it's a tight install it can have 1/2 on each side. So I emailed them also to see what they say. Also I read all these car seat blogs that have a Britax in the middle middle. So I'm really confused.

I spoke to Britax on the phone and after speaking to a supervisor they said no overhang. I emailed them and requested they show me where this is documented (as I couldn't find it in the manual) and they emailed me back "no overhang" with no backup documentation. Good luck! It is very frustrating and very confusing. I am looking into a Clek which though expensive has been mentioned above to work and Clek customer service gave it a thumbs up and sent pictures with a seatbelt install.
Posted via Mobile Device

bnsnyde

Yes, Clek is very nice. If you break the cost down per year (or by day, lol) it all seems not so scary. It is an expensive seat though. I like how dad can use it and has no problems. Can't say the same for many other seats!

hollyh

I have a Diono Radian RXT FF in that seat. It's been there for a while so I don't remember if it has overhang. I thought I had looked into it deeply when I installed it... I know there was concern about people not being able to install it well, but I have never had problems.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC