Question dodge journey 1 rf convert and 2 boosters.

U

Unregistered

I have been searching to find a narrow AND short convertible seat that can be installed on the side and have room for two evenflo big kid high back boosters. I was able to get a graco click connect to couple up in between the boosters but little man has outgrown his bucket seat and is in need of a convertible. Right now he is in an evenflo titan that technically fits, but it isn't safe as it extends 3" beyond the front seats. It's wedged in between them and the booster seats aren't completely on the bench. :/ I have no interest in using the third row as it has no trunk space if the third row is in use.
Posted via Mobile Device

ADS

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Welcome!
How old, heavy, and tall is the child who needs to be in the RF convertible? If the child is small and you don't need a convertible that will last past age 2 or 3, a Scenera NEXT or a Combi Coccoro might work. The Coccoro is the narrowest, but it is outgrown much more quickly (by both height and weight) than the Scenera NEXT. The Scenera NEXT is not a good seat for forward-facing, but it lasts a decent amount of time rear-facing and is inexpensive so you can switch to something else when it is time to forward-face.

If the child is older/taller, a Radian with an angle adjuster might be a good blend of narrow and compact front-to-back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jacqui276

I have a Dodge Journey. My son rides in a Radian installed behind the driver's seat (used the angle adjuster when it was RFing) and I am able to get 2 booster seats in beside it. I don't have the big kid high back boosters but have used a harmony juvenile backless in the middle with either a graco turbobooster, another harmony juvenile, clek olli or evenflo amp backless behind the passenger seat. I tend to have to pull the one booster to the side slightly to buckle but then can tuck it back in and all seats fit properly still on the seat of the car.

I had a bit more space with my son riding in the Radian RFing as opposed to now that he is FFing. I haven't tried any other convertibles in that position though to see what else could work space-wise.

mommabritt

Not much help but I also have had a radian installed ff and rf (with the aa) and two boosters beside it. I've used a bubble bun in the center, amp or parkway on the side; I don't remember if I was able to to use an amp on the center seat, I feel like that was too wide.

Currently the setup is either Argos70 behind the driver (or radian has now expired), seatbelt kid in the center and backless amp behind passenger. It is DHs car so some depends on what his spacial needs are for the week.

My personal favorite is ff harnessed seat behind the passenger, center seat booster or seatbelt kid and driver side seat down and slid forward. Then driver side third row seat with other booster kid. Keep the passenger side third row seat down for cargo space. I frequently fold my BOB up there on its side to have extra room for other stuff or fill it with groceries. I know some will tsk tsk that loose projectiles opportunity but it is what it is. Kids need to be separated sometimes and thats the space I have.

I don't remember, did you mention if your Journey has the built in boosters or not? If it does, I'd do a radian in the center and utilize those built-ins on the outboard seats.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC