2 RF RA's & 1RF MA in an Altima?

MissAlex621

Yeah, I know what you're thinking, impossible, right? Well, I did it!!! Today I only had DD and 2 daycare kids, all of whom RF. I wanted to try and take the car instead of the suv to save gas, so I gave it a shot during nap time. It worked! I can't believe I got them in! Lol! And it wasn't difficult to get DD strapped into the middle carseat :)

6fkg740.jpg

Can someone calculate these angles for me?
6d06vdu.jpg

Is it okay that it's this close to the edge?
6bxvbig.jpg

Is this okay?
6f9q4xw.jpg

Just a couple pics of how they don't puzzle, lol
4lt8yg1.jpg

4q7jg3a.jpg

And I just thought this looked cool, lol
2e211lh.jpg

ADS

munchkin

Congrats on the 3 across!! Do you mind telling me what year your Altima is? And if you know, how much space is in the back seat (inches wise)? Thanks;)

all together ooky

Awesome! That's probably the best 3 across pic I've seen. I especially like the one through the back window. I bet it would look funny to the car following you.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Wow, looks great. To answer your question, being that close to the door is fine provided it's not pushing the car seat unnaturally when you close the door - armrests will sometimes do this. :thumbsup:

It could just be the picture, but it looks like only the lap section of the belt in the lock-off? Both the shoulder section and the lap section need to be in the lock-offs. :) (When rf'ing anyways.)

crunchierthanthou

It's okay if it's over that far as long as long as it isn't being hit by the door (like snowbird25ca said) and each seat has a tight install independent of the other(s). If you take the MA out of the middle, do the RAs still have less than 1" of movement in any direction at the beltpath?

MissAlex621

The door doesn't touch the carseats, I can slide a piece of paper between the carseats and the door.

I installed the MA, then the RA's. I checked the MA before I put the RA's in, and I took one RA out and the MA out to check if the RA installed tightly. Everything looked good so I did it all over again, lol.

The lockoff isn't locking the seatbelt, my seatbelts lock on their own. I just closed the lockoff after installing because it was sticking out and annoying me, lol. Is it okay that it's closed? Only the lap portion is in it.

My Altima in a 98. I'm not sure what the measurement of my backseat is, I don't have a measuring tape. Maybe I can go out to the car later with a ruler, lol!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC