Carseat help three across in Infiniti JX35?

K

katieinfiniti

Hi Everyone!

I'm desperate for a little help and would truly appreciate any advice.

Here is the situation: We have an Infiniti JX35 and really want to use second row only for three kids across and avoid the third row.

Our 6.5 year old is in a newly bought (for dimensions and safety) Harmony Dreamtime 2 seatbelt booster.

Our 4.5 year old is in a Britax Frontier.

We have a Britax infant carrier for the baby we are expecting in a month.

From trying out different options, the Harmony can fit in the center of the other two seats but unfortunately it is impossible for my daughter to be able to buckle it (the booster goes over the seatbelt buckle).

I'm guessing we will need to replace the Frontier and buy a new booster with a harness for my 4.5 year old. I was thinking the Diono but before spending that money I just want to be sure all three would fit.

Does anyone have suggestions on what might fit and in which position? I prefer the 6.5 year old in the center seat but reaching the buckle seems almost impossible.

Thank you SO much for any help!

Katie

ADS

jjordan

I am not familiar with your car, but a frontier is pretty wide. If you just need a little more space, you can probably do it by replacing the frontier with something like an Evenflo Maestro or Harmony Defender. A Diono would probably also work but is not as useful as the others I mentioned if you want to have the booster functionality. (The Diono booster has a minimum weight of 50 pounds, which can take some kids a while to get to, and also is outgrown relatively early by height.)

Another option that I think is slightly narrower than a frontier but wider than the others above is a Recaro Performance Sport.

Just to check, though, is the frontier installed with LATCH or the seat belt? if with LATCH, then it is possible that using the seat belt instead might allow you to move it over a bit and gain the extra room that you need.

U

Unregistered

Thank you so much! I didn't realize the weight limit on the Diono and that definitely wouldn't last us as long for a booster option which my son will reach in probably a year or less.

I do believe the Frontier is hooked up with the latch so I will definitely try the seatbelt option, I just do think it might be too wide. Thank you so much for your suggestions, I really appreciate it and your time!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC