Radian rtx height max and need narrow booster

fenella76

Gah, just when I thought all my car seat shopping headaches were over, I find out that just as my boys have outgrown their radian RXT as front facing, they might also have outgrown it to be used as a booster! My manual says it can be used up to 57" as a booster, but all the the reviews I have read online say the once a kid is ready for the booster, they should have reached the height max. I have 7 year old twins, 49" and 55lbs.

So if they have indeed outgrown the booster, I now need to replace them, so now need suggestions as to how to fit 2 high back boosters an a radian in the 2nd row of an odyssey. I'd love for them to be light and for the back to be removed when we travel.

Thank so much, my head has been spinning today with the avalanche of info!

Fenella

ADS

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Are their shoulders over the top harness slots? My understanding is that the reason it is unusable as a booster for most kids is that the harness height and the belt guide height are basically the same -- so for tall kids who haven't reached the 50 lbs booster min when they have outgrown the harness by height, they never get to use the booster mode of the seat.

Since your kids are already 55 lbs, if they haven't outgrown the harness height then it might actually work for them?

I am only going off of what I have read here. Not a tech, but someone more knowledgeable might be able to come along and help! :)

jwilliams

Which way is the Radian facing, what are the stats for the child riding in it, and what year is the Odyssey? Also, the RXT is outgrown when the tips of the ears are above the top of the shell, which I would think at 55" may be very close to happening.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC