Car seat questions

msheather413

Hi Everyone!

I'm in the need to get a couple new seats as ours are getting close to there expiration dates. I'm looking for a new seat for my daughter who will be 7. She is about 48" tall and 60lbs. Also looking to get a new seat for my 4 year old who is about 45lbs and 38" tall.

Thanks for all your help!

ADS

aeormsby

Welcome!

Will space be an issue at all? What vehicle will this be for? And do you have a budget?

I would look at a HBB for your older DD and a harnessed booster (combo seat) for your younger DD.

For the HBB I'd look at the Britax Parkway and the Recaro Performance Booster to start. The Graco HBB's are nice also but don't adjust as tall as the other 2. You'll want to make sure they work with your vehicle and the shoulder belt can retract freely (if your vehicle seats are adjustable you can see if adjusting one way or the other helps with this).

For the combo seat the Graco Nautilus, Britax Frontier, Evenflo Securekid and Harmony Defender are all well liked and should keep your DD harnessed until she's ready for a booster.

msheather413

Thanks for the response!

Space should not be too big of an issue. I drive a 2014 Kia Sorento with 3rd row seating. My oldest daughter sits in the 3rd row and my youngest daughter sits in the second row. Price is not to much of an issue. My oldest is currently in a 5 point harness. I would love to continue that but it looks like a lot of seats only go to 70lbs.

Cnidaria

As far as we know, for kids that have the behavioral maturity to sit properly in a booster 100% of the time (and are an appropriate physical size, which your daughter certainly is), there is no known safety benefit to harnessing these big kids over boostering.

However, if she is very impulsive, has developmental delays or does a lot of sleeping in the car, harnessing might still be appropriate and we could recommend higher-capacity seats that could accommodate her.

msheather413

Hello!

I guess I was always under the impression that being 5 point harnessed as long as possible was always the safest. Of course my daughter would love a booster with the seat belt. Which ones who you guys recommend?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC