Question need a new booster

ashleyhaugh

we were rear ended last night, so I need to replace my son's seat.. I haven't done any booster research recently, so I'm not sure what's out there, and would like some recommendations.

He's almost 8, about 60ish lbs, and around 4ft. He has been in his nauti in high back mode.

what would y'all wise mama's suggest?

ADS

2BunniesMommy

I kept going back and forth between what you were saying and the pic and info in your siggy. I did figure out that yes, the almost 8 year old is the little rear facing, water drinking cutie, but took a few looks to put it all together.

As far as what booster would be best...here's a few questions to help narrow down suggestions to ones that would work for you.
-Do you want to keep him in a high back or are you wanting to switch to backless?
-Does he have long legs that would need extra support in the thigh area?
-What car and maybe what seating position?
-Are you wanting a latchable booster?
-Are cupholders or anything else a must have feature?

I hope everyone is ok and not injured from the accident and that the damage to your car is minimal.

ashleyhaugh

sorry for the confusion... it threw me off when I saw the baby picture when I posted, lol...

The forums were being glitchy I guess, for a couple of days, and wouldn't let me log in. Did some reading though, and ended up choosing a Diono Cambria- I like that it latches. I have a minivan, and he likes to move his seat around sometimes, but boosters tend to tip when we're turning if he's in a captains chair, so the latch is a big bonus. High limits, looks comfy, and lots of good reviews. He's at his dad's right now, so I can't try it out for a couple of weeks, but it came from Amazon today. He liked the picture though, I had his step mom show him the link to see if he liked the orange. I had a heck of a time finding the manual though!!!!

2BunniesMommy

I am sorry, just finally got back to this thread. I also love the look and features of that booster. It is one that was high on my list to get for my youngest when she turns 7 in Oct. I am disappointed that it is too wide to work with my seatbelts.

I had the backless version for a few days for my oldest, the Solara. I was happy to have found a latchable booster that has great support for her legs. She loved the seat also. Problem for us is that our car has very short buckle stalks, too short to even call them that really and it made it way too hard to buckle. Because of the width of the seat it was right up next to the buckle stalk and there wasn't room enough to line up the buckle. I had to lean over her and fight with it each time. There was only once that she was able to do it herself.

Since you have a van, I am betting it will fit great.

If you see this, please update if it worked out for you.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC