Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

Exclamation Graco4ever or better alternative? Newbie!!

So I am trying to extended RF my first child. 20 pounds, 1.5 years old, at this point but about to grow out of his bucket seat. I have a small car (carolla) so I need something on the smaller end. We plan on having more kids so need to find something that isn't too big.
    My son does tend to get hot in the car- if there is a "cooler" car seat please let me know! It gets hot here!!!
    I had seen the graco 4 ever. It looks great but I don't care about the booster part. And don't want to pay for it... Just want a super safe convertible car seat. Steel reinforced, side impact protection, extended RF but I have a small kid...
    I had also seen the britax... But too many choices!!!
    So confused as they look so similar!! Please help this mom stay sane and pick a good car seat!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

The other Graco convertibles are well liked and long lasting. The Size For Me, the Headwise and there's 2 others I can't recall right now. They are very similar and the name depends on which store you buy it at. What's your price point? I'm on my phone and don't know how to post a link but at the top of the board is a link to CarSeat Blog.com and there's a link there to recommended seats.
    PEG - Gramma to:
    Hannah - 16 - Seatbelt! Reya - 1.5 4Ever/BLVD/Peg
    Brett - 15 - Seatbelt Nolan - 2.5 - 4Ever/Fllo
    Matt- 11 - Seatbelt Baby Boy due 1/17/19 Pipa
    Griffin - 6 - Parkway SG

Admin - CPS Technician joolsplus3's Avatar

Re: Graco4ever or better alternative? Newbie!!

The Milestone is about the same as the 4Ever, but doesn't have the backless booster part. I like it because it's low profile and easy to load kids into in smaller cars. This blog has measurements so you can maybe get a feel for if it will fit front-to-back in your car (but if your current infant seat fits, it should be fine, I think) http://carseatblog.com/22818/the-ult...-size-matters/
    Julie
    CPST since 2003, pu"R"ple since 2008, three kids growing too fast since 1997, 1999 and 2006

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good

5. Thank You from:

Unregistered

I just went to buy buy baby.
    I saw the marathon click tight and the maxi cosi pria 70. The marathon was super heavy-I would need 2!
    I liked the maxi cosi- wicking fabric, lighter with side impact protection. Anyone have experience with it? How safe is it?

They are all safe but some work easier in certain cars. I love Britax and have very limited but not great experience with Maxi Cosi.
    E 3/21/06 4'6" 62lbs Graco Affix/Harmony Literider/Graco Turbo Booster/Bubble Bum
    G 1/31/08 3'5" 32lbs Britax Frontier 80//Graco Turbo Booster/Graco Affix
    J 10/23/14 17lbs 26in Britax Boulevard CT

The Maxi Cosi is pretty bulky, but I think it doesn't take up much room front to back. Check out the link jools posted and look at the recommended seat list. There are links to reviews too. Or did you already pick?

http://carseatblog.com/carseatblogco...ded-car-seats/

http://carseatblog.com/carseatblogco...ded-car-seats/
    PEG - Gramma to:
    Hannah - 16 - Seatbelt! Reya - 1.5 4Ever/BLVD/Peg
    Brett - 15 - Seatbelt Nolan - 2.5 - 4Ever/Fllo
    Matt- 11 - Seatbelt Baby Boy due 1/17/19 Pipa
    Griffin - 6 - Parkway SG

9. Thank You from: