Where do you attach tether straps without seat runner loop

C

Clueless

Hello,

I will be staying for the summer with my 17 month old daughter at my parents' in France and have decided to buy a Max Way for use in their cars. Their cars are quite old, so I imagine that they do not have the convenient seat runner loop featured in the youtube Britax installation video. I have real trouble understanding around which part of the front seats you are supposed to attach the tether straps according to the manual. The recommanded installation for the cars my parents own is on the rear middle seat. I would appreciate some more detailed explanation, or better yet, so actual pictures/videos if you have them. Many thanks!

ADS

finn

You can just loop them around the front seat, you push them through the join in the seat, if you look up the manual online it should show you how. You can also loop them over the track that the front seat moves on.

I can get pictures for you in the next day or two :)

Adventuredad

MaxWay is a great choice for an all-round seat. It's together with Hi-Way the best rear facing all-round seat available. The seats are light weight, compact, have the 25 kg Rf weight limit, have passed the ultra strict Swedish Plus Test to 25 kg and fit well in pretty much any car small to large.

If you want to save a few Euros then selecting Hi-Way might be an option. The seat is a touch more compact than MW. Main difference is that MW has a built in head support with integrated harness. It will also last to age five or 115-120 cm compared to age four or 110 cm for HW.

About the tethering....... The straps can be attached to any solid point under the front seat. No equipment needed. We usually use back of seat rail but seat bight or some solid bar under the seat will also work. If you use front passenger seat with airbag off then attach strap to seat rail. This position in the car is the safest place for a RF child and also maximises space in the car for child and passengers.

You can also attach the straps to the same seat as car seat is installed on. This is practical in vans or minivans.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC