Occasional survey bar at bottom of screen?

mom2juliarose

All day on and off today I've been getting this bar at the bottom of my screen, only here on car-seat.org.

It says different things at different times, but always looks the same.

I am using Windows 7 and running Firefox 38.0.1

Screenshot attached. Any idea what it could be from??

Attachments

• survey.jpg
    survey.jpg
    386 KB · Views: 23
ADS

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
Nope- If it is from car-seat.org, it is likely from an advertisement where the advertiser has put in illegal code. When it happens to you, can you observe if any particular ad also happens to be on the screen at the same time in one of the normal places?

It's also possible it is malware like a virus or browser extension. Some are very insidious and only inject ads on one or a small number of websites to make them hard to detect.

Is anyone else seeing this bar? If so, please mention your device/OS and browser, were you saw it (home page, thread listing, post, PM, etc) and if you noticed any particular ads on the page at the same time please.

mom2juliarose

It appeared again today, but this time in an ad box. See attached shot. I also got the source info for the page but don't know if that would be helpful.

Same computer and OS. Haven't tried getting to car-seat.org from any other device, so it COULD be the computer (fairly new to us, I'm so not a Windows girl! But virus scan/malware scan comes up with nothing).

Attachments

• survey2.jpg
    survey2.jpg
    299.7 KB · Views: 4

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
Source info, including destination link and the privacy info by clicking the arrow box in the corner can be very helpful so I can block it. If you are willing to click the link or whatever, please post any info you get. It's quite likely the same advertiser has a rogue ad popping up which is technically not allowed, so I can possibly block and report it.

Now the ad networks do allow expanding and popup like ads if you mouseover an ad for a few seconds. They consider that an intentional act and not a violation, so something like that would be OK, but I've never seem one pop up well away from the main ad like the one on the bottom.

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
I note some of the issues people have had with rogue pop up ads in the past were from browser extensions. These were intentionally installed alone or with other stuff, so usually aren't picked up by security software scans. You have to go into your browsers tools/extensions area and turn off everything you don't recognize.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC