Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Carseat Crazy

Baby B'Air Flight Vest

Anyone ever heard of this or know anything about it? My lo is over 2 so if we fly home this summer she'll be in her own seat in a car seat. I'm not thinking of using it, just didn't know if it was a legit product. I'm guessing probably not.

http://www.babybair.com/

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member rachelandtyke's Avatar

Re: Baby B'Air Flight Vest

I had one before I knew any better. It's not approved for use during take-off or landing. I used it mostly as a "handle" on my squirmy older lap baby until I learned I should buy her a seat. It doesn't do anything to keep the lap baby safe, just kind of "more" contained since they end up attached to your seat belt.
    DD1: 14, finally five-stepping!
    DS: 10, LBTB, Harmony Youth Booster
    DD2: 6, Chicco KidFit, HBTB w/ SS

4. Thank You from:

The problem with that is if you have turbulence and you get thrown against the seat in front of you the baby gets squished It doesn't seem as if it would help keep your child on your lap without you holding them, I could see the child still being able to fall off your lap, let alone any concerns I would have that it would hold up in a crash. And flight attendees would probably make you follow the same rule as baby carriers- that is you can wear your baby but not during take off or landing.
    Mommy to Jake, a.k.a Booger Breath #1- born March 2012 and Sawyer, my little "Soy Bean"- born May 2014

Playing the Car Seat Shuffle between a True Fit Premier, Guide 65, Graco MySize, Graco Milestone and a Maxi Cosi Pria

Carseat Crazy

That's sort of what I figured.