How hit-or-miss is the Oobr?

Dorothy

I'm trying to find a booster for a very specific situation. Here's the thread: http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=276231

I am wondering if the Oobr might work, but there are none locally to try. I see some sales online, but returns aren't free. I can get one for $50 more from a place with free returns. What do those of you who've actually had your hands on an Oobr think?

ADS

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
I imagine an Oobr will fit fine. There's no gap rules and it's pretty short front to back, so as long as the lower anchors don't overlap the seatbelts it should be fine.

As far as what I think of them...I like everything about them. My kids were not as enthusiastic with the lack of thigh support combined with the lack of squishy padding, but it was the seat only seat that worked for our very occasional attempts to all ride in the Corolla so they just had to deal.

Dorothy

In your experience, do you think a $50 savings (which is nothing to scoff at) is worth the gamble? Or, should I consider it insurance and buy from a retailer with a generous exchange policy, just in case.

Dorothy

You won't believe this, but I just stumbled across one on a discount website. Free shipping and returns! Here's hoping it's not a dud!

Dillipop

I purchased one a few months ago without trying it out and I don't think i could have returned it. My situation was a rear seat in a 12 chevy colorado without headrests and a super shallow seat. The oobr doesn't require head restraints and actually works like an automotive head restraint and the oobr had no rules about overhang off the front of the seat while latched. (Not sure if there is a rule without latch but we have it, so will use it). It fits perfectly where I need it to go and goes high enough that my 8 year old should be able to ride in the rear for another year or 2. My 11 year old has to sit up front if he does with my dad but that's ok with me right now.

Glad you found one with returns and a good price. The oobr really does fit that niche where no other seat works, imo.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC